Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times

Advertisements

I don't see the point of arguing who has more country or ghetto people. They both have their share and I could take you to areas in both areas where you would see plenty of them. Personally, I don't see why people get so offended by the term country anyway. There's nothing wrong with having some down-home country-ness to you. Better than being smug and arrogant "progressive" if you ask me.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,415 times
Default everywhere you go

Country or ghetto/We all know country but do all of us know where the word ghetto comes from/I have lived all over the country and there is brothers and sisters who fit every description you Texans have mention.ps,also i have lived in England and Africa and yes they have them too.and i forget who but they mention bros and sisters with GOLD teeth/come to FLORIDA!also i forget (GHETTO) is a german word for slums for those who did not know.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 AM

32 posts, read 43,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Capricorn82 View Post
I have lived in Ft. Worth since Fall of 2010. I don't particularly care for the area at all. Black culture is lacking to say the least, and there is definitely a "good old boy" mentality which prevents natives from being entirely welcoming or friendly.
Well, what do you expect from a place nicknamed "Cowtown" where cowboy culture dominates...?

Old 07-25-2014, 10:55 AM

6 posts, read 7,875 times
I agree that Houston is a better city for blacks overall than Dallas. It seems to be a much more accepting place and blacks there seem to be a lot more educated and not as subservient or as mentally stuck on the plantation as blacks in Dallas/Ft Worth (or the rest of Texas for that matter) seem to be. I get the feeling that Texas is going to secede within the next decade or two, and if so, blacks who live in the state better hurry and pack their bags and leave because they're just sitting ducks otherwise if the white conservatives and Mexicans who live there and dominate the state have their way.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina_Sol View Post
I agree that Houston is a better city for blacks overall than Dallas. It seems to be a much more accepting place and blacks there seem to be a lot more educated and not as subservient or as mentally stuck on the plantation as blacks in Dallas/Ft Worth (or the rest of Texas for that matter) seem to be. I get the feeling that Texas is going to secede within the next decade or two, and if so, blacks who live in the state better hurry and pack their bags and leave because they're just sitting ducks otherwise if the white conservatives and Mexicans who live there and dominate the state have their way.
I wish we had more Black people like Herman Cain & Dr. Benjamin Carson in Texas. He's got my vote for president.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:44 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I wish we had more Black people like Herman Cain & Dr. Benjamin Carson in Texas. He's got my vote for president.
Is it fair for me to say that I wish there were less people like you on Earth?

Old 07-25-2014, 12:48 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Quote:
I've heard that Dallas is a boring places for blacks.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:51 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,943,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy205 View Post
I've heard that Dallas is a boring places for blacks.
You can't go off of what you hear.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:05 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,969,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Talk about throwing a hook out there...

Old 07-26-2014, 07:41 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Texas won't secede. But yes, if that was to happen, the Black population would indeed plummet. But Texas is a heavily urbanizing and developing state so those seceding voices will become even more heavily outnumbered as years pass by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas