Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 09:43 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Every one that i know in Houston says Houston sux in this area. I've never eaten at a soulfood place in Houston, and I've never heard about one either. Dallas also has more soulful local chicken shacks too. There's timmy chans in Houston but to me it dosent compare.
Timmy Chans is all over Houston, it's a local chain. And it's pretty damn good. A bunch of food for cheap. I took my DFW friends there and they demand one opens up in DFW. It'd be nice if thy did expand up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 10:05 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,195 times
Houston has more than just Timmy Chan's. But also Frenchy's.

Dallas can come back with Williams and halls.

I don't know about chicken in either of the two places outside of chains, but I'm sure there's more.

I've also heard that Records Barbecue in Dallas has some good soul food.

There's also The Breakfast Klub in Houston.

OUt of all those places, I've only been to Timmy Chan's and Frenchy's. I've had Williams, but that was somebody bringing me some back to Austin, so it wasn't fresh.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:19 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Houston has more than just Timmy Chan's. But also Frenchy's.

Dallas can come back with Williams and halls.

I don't know about chicken in either of the two places outside of chains, but I'm sure there's more.

I've also heard that Records Barbecue in Dallas has some good soul food.

There's also The Breakfast Klub in Houston.

OUt of all those places, I've only been to Timmy Chan's and Frenchy's. I've had Williams, but that was somebody bringing me some back to Austin, so it wasn't fresh.
You have William's off 290 by Prairieview. It was nasty, but I hear it's different in Dallas.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:38 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Timmy Chans is all over Houston, it's a local chain. And it's pretty damn good. A bunch of food for cheap. I took my DFW friends there and they demand one opens up in DFW. It'd be nice if thy did expand up here.
Lol, since when Timmy Chan's is Soul Food??
That is bootleg Chinese

Old 05-23-2011, 11:54 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Lol, since when Timmy Chan's is Soul Food??
That is bootleg Chinese
It's not all Chinese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: