Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:04 AM

437 posts, read 919,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
Why not make it Corpus Christi and South Texas (all points south of San Antonio, including the Valley).

I'd like to see a West Texas sub-forum that would concentrate on Lubbock, Amarillo, San Angelo, Abilene, and Midland-Odessa; basically all of West Texas outside of El Paso.

Would it be discrimination to say I don't give a feck about East Texas?

I would like to second this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,806,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
I've noticed a number of new forum topics from Tyler, McAllen, Midland/ Odessa, Lubbock, Amarillo, Texarkana..should these metros be given their own sub-forums like the other major and mid-sized metros (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Fort Worth, El Paso, Austin, El Paso, Corpus Christi)?

If not all three (3), which one??

P.S.

Who can add a sub-forum (Mods)??
Yes. Each populous region not centered around one of the major metros should have its own forum. It's been requested several times, but nothing has been done yet. Other smaller states have plenty subforums, some of which are hardly active, yet the huge state of Texas only has SFs for its major cities.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Why not make it Corpus Christi and South Texas (all points south of San Antonio, including the Valley).

I'd like to see a West Texas sub-forum that would concentrate on Lubbock, Amarillo, San Angelo, Abilene, and Midland-Odessa; basically all of West Texas outside of El Paso.

Would it be discrimination to say I don't give a feck about East Texas?
You may not, but countless others do. It's probably the region most in need of a subforum.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,957,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Administrator makes the call on subforums. His message board, his call.

How about if I move
this thread to About the Forum, once you all settle on what local forum you'd like to see added? Administrator is not going to consider an open-ended request.

Also, Administrator no longer adds regional forums, so a West Texas forum won't fly. New subforums must be centered on a city.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:37 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,920,353 times
Unfortunately, if you can't have a sub-forum for a region of the state, I don't see the point in adding another city sub-forum because none of the remaining Texas cities is large enough to attract a sufficient number of new threads. As pointed out, even Corpus Christi seems to be a quite borderline case in this regard.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, if you can't have a sub-forum for a region of the state, I don't see the point in adding another city sub-forum because none of the remaining Texas cities is large enough to attract a sufficient number of new threads. As pointed out, even Corpus Christi seems to be a quite borderline case in this regard.
Exactly, so we might as well leave it the way it is. As far as addind more region subforums, I was hoping an exception could be made for Texas since it's so large.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:29 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,926,786 times
Quote:
At times, I feel like the ONLY one that ever posts anything on Corpus Christi. I thought that it was needed at one time just like so many others on here feel that their town needs one, but it turned out to a waste.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:18 AM

15,445 posts, read 10,365,951 times
At least we have one for El Paso on the western side of the state. Look at the Colorado forum, it's like the western part of their state doesn't exist. It's 100% front range. Just saying, it could be worse.

Old 06-12-2011, 07:19 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,920,353 times
But the main population centre on the Western Slope, Grand Junction (where I once lived), generates very few threads, so this is the same problem as the smaller Texas cities. It would make less sense having a Grand Junction sub-forum than a West Texas regional sub-forum (or alternatively about as much sense as having a sub-forum strictly devoted to San Angelo).

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM

347 posts, read 464,894 times
I 2nd the Mentone idea. Sarita would be the next best choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas