U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,961,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer8 View Post
Um... What happens if you get to Texas and procrastinate big time on changing your driver's license? We're going tomorrow- I promise. (Really, what happens?)Thanks.
lol..Nothing..I waited almost a year for my California license to expire before I got mine. Nothing happened.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 06:57 PM

3,823 posts, read 10,071,377 times
Default 30 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM View Post
I don't want to disagree with anyone, but I have to point out that Texas only gives you 30 days to obtain your Texas drivers license & vehicle registration.

Trust me, I'm a cop.
TGM
TGM is 100% correct! Here are the Texas Department of Transportation web sites for info on getting a Texas Driver License and registering a car.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/movingtotexas.htm (broken link)

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/services/..._residents.htm

Old 09-07-2006, 07:19 PM

3,494 posts, read 9,728,401 times
i am moving back to Texas JUST IN TIME! my TX DL expired in Dec!!! yeehaw..i survived living in GEORGIA for THREE YEARS and didnt get caught with my TX DL (i should have gotten a GA DL 30 days after moving here, but oh HAYULL NO..that would be EMBARRASSING...i wouldnt give up my TEXAS DL for nuttin!! over my dead body!)

Old 09-07-2006, 07:24 PM
TGM

100 posts, read 458,559 times
Quote:
Um... What happens if you get to Texas and procrastinate big time on changing your driver's license? We're going tomorrow- I promise. (Really, what happens?)Thanks.
If you obey all the traffic laws and don't get into an accident, we will never know. If, on the other hand, you can't keep out of trouble and you get pulled over by law enforcement, it could result in a ticket.

If I pull someone over with an out of state driver license and registration, I always ask if they are visiting or living here. Speaking only for myself, if you told me you had been here 2-3 months, the most I would do is tell you about the law and make sure you know where to go to get it done - Unless, of course, I got you driving recklessly or screaming through a school zone - then any & all violations are fair game.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:30 PM

i never get tickets...and i only date cops lol
oh and i am a nurse...cops dont give nurses tickets

Quote:
If you obey all the traffic laws and don't get into an accident, we will never know. If, on the other hand, you can't keep out of trouble and you get pulled over by law enforcement, it could result in a ticket.

If I pull someone over with an out of state driver license and registration, I always ask if they are visiting or living here. Speaking only for myself, if you told me you had been here 2-3 months, the most I would do is tell you about the law and make sure you know where to go to get it done - Unless, of course, I got you driving recklessly or screaming through a school zone - then any & all violations are fair game.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:17 PM

363 posts, read 1,445,657 times
Quote:

You sound like a generous man of the law... Are you this generous if say... I've been living in and loving Texas for about 11 months and I NEVER speed or really... actually... do anything against the law (seriously)... EXCEPT procrastinate to go get my stinkin driver's lisence... which I ALWAYS have on my "to do" list?... (I really do)... Gosh, I REALLY need to get that done tomorrow. I will. For sure this time. Sorry nice policeman.

Old 09-08-2006, 09:09 AM

TGM might be a policeWOMAN...inquiring minds want to know!

Quote:
You sound like a generous man of the law... Are you this generous if say... I've been living in and loving Texas for about 11 months and I NEVER speed or really... actually... do anything against the law (seriously)... EXCEPT procrastinate to go get my stinkin driver's lisence... which I ALWAYS have on my "to do" list?... (I really do)... Gosh, I REALLY need to get that done tomorrow. I will. For sure this time. Sorry nice policeman.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:26 AM

363 posts, read 1,445,657 times
Whoops. Sorry... How embarassing.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:24 PM
TGM

100 posts, read 458,559 times
pioneer8's first impression was correct. I am a man, but I go by the title of "Corporal" at work.

And for Bellestar - the nurse defense in traffic only works if you are an ER nurse.

Troy
(aka: TGM)

Old 09-09-2006, 05:01 AM

i AM an ER nurse (RN)

Quote:
pioneer8's first impression was correct. I am a man, but I go by the title of "Corporal" at work.

And for Bellestar - the nurse defense in traffic only works if you are an ER nurse.

Troy
(aka: TGM)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas