Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 03:33 PM

302 posts, read 690,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
I can't say that I'm a huge fan of Perry, but don't most people want the leaders in the U.S. to be regular people anyway? With that said, some of the smartest people I know never finished college. The link below adds some famous people to my own personal list. College academic performance doesn't always translate into someone doing a job well. I can vouch for that after some of the interviews that I've been involved in with honors college graduates.

Bill Gates - Top 10 College Dropouts - TIME
You're comparing Perry to Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Tiger Woods? Really?

First, Gov. Perry is no college dropout. I think we'll all agree on that point. Which makes the whole comparison moot.

Regardless, I agree college isn't an absolute indicator of success nowadays, but you may want to take a look at Bill Gates and Steve Jobs grades before they dropped out. I think you'll find them slightly different from those of Gov. Perry. And last time I looked, Gov. Perry was no Tiger Woods on the golf course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 04:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,986,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
just released. Plenty of D's even F's. Perry is responsible for appointing the Chair of the State Board of Education and the Commissioner of Education.

He did manage a "C' in animal breeding... wonder what the animal on the other end scored.

Texans had much better choices Kay Bailey Hutchison (GOP) would have been super. Bill White (Dem) and even Twix ( my daughter's dog) would have been an improvement but voters like someone they can relate to- someone as ignorant as they are. The bar is especially low in Texas.
How about lets see our current "campaigner & chiefs" college transcripts before we go digging up dirt on other candidates.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:36 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,069 times
How many of you want to vote Perry out just simply because of his grades? I need honest answers.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:41 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,771,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
How many of you want to vote Perry out just simply because of his grades? I need honest answers.
Hopefully, no one! That would just be stupidity at it's finest IMO. (Remember, this is just in reference to his grades).

Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,543,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERiv View Post
You're comparing Perry to Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Tiger Woods? Really?

First, Gov. Perry is no college dropout. I think we'll all agree on that point. Which makes the whole comparison moot.

Regardless, I agree college isn't an absolute indicator of success nowadays, but you may want to take a look at Bill Gates and Steve Jobs grades before they dropped out. I think you'll find them slightly different from those of Gov. Perry. And last time I looked, Gov. Perry was no Tiger Woods on the golf course.
And I doubt any of these figures could match Rick Perry in the political arena. Similarly, Gates would be beaten like a drum on the golf course, just as Woods would be out of his depth as a software mogul. Jack of all trades and master of none isn't just an old saying - it's reality. Each of these people excels in his particular field, and that level of over-achievement is generally only achievable via a kind of monomania that, in some cases, means ignoring peripheral things like the accumulation of irrelevant trivia.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,473,840 times
As much as I dislike Rick Perry, I don't care about his grades in college. There have been geniuses who didn't do well in school. Some people don't do well in structured academics and others may even be dyslexic or have attention deficit disorder. Not that I'm saying that Perry is a genius, but grades do not always reflect someone's intelligence.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:02 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,193,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car957 View Post
Paul Burka over at the Texas Monthly magazine brings up some points about Rick "Big Chief Pretty Hair" Perry:

Dear Yankee :: Texas Monthly
Informative article

Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
I wanted him out of office before I ever knew what his grades were. I'm judging him based on his track record as governor of Texas. He's not fit to be President. (Or governor of Texas.)

Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,193,454 times
The world is run by 'C' students. 'A' students tend to be "yes" men who want to please the teacher. BTW, Einstein's grade school teachers thought he was retarded.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:18 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,986,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
As much as I dislike Rick Perry, I don't care about his grades in college. There have been geniuses who didn't do well in school. Some people don't do well in structured academics and others may even be dyslexic or have attention deficit disorder. Not that I'm saying that Perry is a genius, but grades do not always reflect someone's intelligence.
Michael Dell was a college drop out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: