Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,838 times

Advertisements

Not to offend anyone but this nation lives on 4 year snipits of history and currently it's jobs and a crappy economy. I don't blame the current administration and I don't blame the past 10 years of presidents. I personally wish we we're out of the war business because I think that's a driver in our current economy. My statement doesn't bode well in anytown in Texas because wars are expensive but it sure is good business for contractors.

I have some thoughts over a current TAMU professor and former US Senator named Phil Gramm, a Georgian (who claims sometimes to be a Texan) and the Gramm-Leach-Bailey Act. His act is one of those underlying problems where we the people don't know what our representatives and senators are doing. Neither do they. (Moderator: read the post - it has relevance to the entire post).

Right now, today, at this moment, Rick is positioned to be El Jefe. Do I think he's the best candidate? May be. I have bigger issues with John Coryn, Kay Bailey Hutchinson, Lloyd Doggett, Joe Baron and Dan Poe.

I suspect the facts would confirm my assumptions that none of these folks give a tinkers damn about me or you. Rick won't do it, nor will Moderator cut: politicians not in Texas

And I am not a Libertarian.

Moderator, be gentle ony comments.

Last edited by Bo; 08-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: As I explained in the sticky thread, politicians who aren't in Texas can't be discussed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,400,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
well I said the average Texan. You may not have met the average Texan. If you live in the burbs or the boonies then those are generally more conservative.
I have to agree with you - the average Texan, if they care about politics at all, while not libertarian certainly has libertarian leanings.

And I have lived in Dallas, Austin, and grew up in the boonies and live in the boonies now. Pretty much the same all over. "The boonies" gets stereotyped just as much as Texas does, with just as little connection to reality, I've found.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times
Look at it this way, Perry couldn't possibly screw up DC any more than the current regime....and it would get him out of the state.

Then it might behoove us to go ahead and secede (and refuse him a return visa).

Old 08-15-2011, 08:34 AM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Look at it this way, Perry couldn't possibly screw up DC any more than the current regime....and it would get him out of the state.

Then it might behoove us to go ahead and secede (and refuse him a return visa).
Oh, it can always get worse. It can always get worse. Think 20-30% unemployment under Perry and tax cuts to oil companies while that happens.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,954,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Oh, it can always get worse. It can always get worse. Think 20-30% unemployment under Perry and tax cuts to oil companies while that happens.
Don't forget cuts to education, while giving his buddies pay raises.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:22 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Don't forget cuts to education, while giving his buddies pay raises.
psssh, who gives a darn about education. You need to think business. We are in the days of a global economy so we need global education. We will just outsource our students.

It will be more cost efficient to send our kids to schools in India so we will just save tax payers money and shut down Harvard instead of spending Tax payers money on stupid things like education.

just like we shopped jobs to China and India and then have to beg for money, we will send our kids over there and then turn around and hire foreign students.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:53 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Im sick of looking at rick perry already!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Im sick of looking at rick perry already!!!
Me 2.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 PM

12 posts, read 19,657 times
I'm a Damn Yankee, if Governor Rick Perry is in, Hell Yeah for him!!!

I'm a Yankee now living in OKC, just moved here from a so called Blue State from the Philadelphia area but as red as one can get from those parts or anywhere I may add. I'm an unemployed engineer looking for work in the oil and gas industry after choosing to leave a now dead industry that was to be stimulated by the damn Barack Obama administration, that's right shovel ready jobs that got my ass laid off after 25 years of engineering service in transportation, highways, and bridges. I so damn mad and pissed off, I wonder why I don’t see any more stimulus TV commercials and media network showing the massive construction efforts created by the stimulus package, what damn fool along with his false teeth buddy from Delaware, poor old Joe Biden. Shovel ready my ass!!

I don’t know much about Governor Perry but heard him talk and I really like what he has to say and believe in what he talks about. From the pool of Rep. Candidates, is he the best? Can he win with what knowledge of other candidates around him? I don't know.

I can tell you this, if he's nominated on the Republican ticket, there will be "many" red Yankees, including myself, mostly from the business and well to do suburbs of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, the small rural towns and the entire northern half of Pennsylvania and all of upstate New York that will vote for him. Unfortunately living in a battle ground state like Penna., the areas of urban blight and the immediate surroundings of these communities carry the weight and the electoral representation for the state of PA and unfortunately NY. We are simply out numbered by urban blight communities and the fools that think government will take care of everything for them.

If Governor Perry vs. Obama, you're damn right for Perry, hell Yeah!!!

[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
The Pittsburgh MSA has a lower non-seasonally adjusted unemployment rate than the San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, and Houston MSAs. Philadelphia is a point better than Houston. Even the New York MSA is doing better than Dallas and Houston. The whole state of Pennsylvania has a lower unemployment rate than Texas, seasonally adjusted. New York has a better unemployment rate than Texas.

Unemployment Rates for States
Unemployment Rates for Large Metropolitan Areas

Out of the 19 states or territories with higher than average unemployment rates (including DC), 8 voted for McCain in 2008.

Last edited by L210; 08-16-2011 at 01:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas