U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-14-2011, 12:17 PM

11,806 posts, read 12,489,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderpig View Post
The modern-day attitude and focus is nothing but poisoning and disfunctional. We better change soon, or we'll keep sinking deeper. It might sound dumb, but we're in this together. If we don't start working together and finding common ground, we'll continue to damn the whole ship to the bottom of the sea. United we stand - divided we fall is more relevant now than ever in this country. That used to be a slogan about us and enemies elsewhere. Now it's about divisions and battles within our own country, plus the usual groups elsewhere.
I can't argue with that. It's more important to fix things rather than blame one another for the mess we are in. The recent showdown concerning the national debt ceiling is a good example. It appeared that the country was going to shut down than keep going just so blame could be affixed and so-called principles could be upheld. Jeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-14-2011, 12:22 PM

18,521 posts, read 13,727,045 times
I kinda wish Perry would get the nomination so Texas can have a new Governor

Unread 09-14-2011, 03:03 PM

4,438 posts, read 5,406,080 times
Why, I kind of wish "the Lord would call him home" so that Texas can have a new governor.

Unread 09-14-2011, 11:39 PM

77 posts, read 56,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I kinda wish Perry would get the nomination so Texas can have a new Governor

Absolutely. I hope that people wake up to the kind of person they have re-elected for governor, time after time. The cronyism and projects such as the TTC have got to come to an end if Texas wants to move forward. Debra Medina did a great job focusing on issues that Texans are passionate about. She also made Perry & Hutchinson look like idiots in the governor debates. Look it up.

Unread 09-15-2011, 12:29 AM

172 posts, read 182,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Sorry, TexasReb, but if you're being taken in by Perry's using of people's beliefs to get hiimself elected, you need to take another look.

The man is dangerous, if only because what he's really about is Rick Perry, and everything else is secondary. Plus, I seriously doubt he's read the Constitution of the United States OR that of Texas because, well, they don't have the important words, Rick Perry, in them.

You want to sell our country to the highest bidder? Support Rick Perry.

The man is an embarrassment to the Great State of Texas, whether he's a Democrat or a Republican this week.
yeah agreed for most part

he is a hell of a governor would could have a worse governor. their are worse governor's look to the mid west or south east let alone california, he has brought jobs and under him a lot of good has happened. But he should remain just that a good governor.

he'd never be president never get the electoral votes.
*is not educated enough
*not smart enough
*not witty enough
*not enough supporters
*not enough of congress support
*not part of New world order-lol but really if their is some greater thing he sure isnt in it because he is anti obama and if anything obama is the puppet.
*he is to bold and brash
*he say's stupid a## comments!
*talking about how and what texans would do in blah blah blah cases.

i dont even know where to begin on why he'd be a terrible president. He should remain our governor and bring more job's and help our economy has he has done. He does not give a f3ck about education and he surely makes bank or friends with big businesses as they pay little taxes here but whatever. if you want good schools make good or descent money send your kids to private school because perry dont care about public education.

Unread 09-16-2011, 09:39 PM

9,622 posts, read 9,925,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I can't argue with that. It's more important to fix things rather than blame one another for the mess we are in. The recent showdown concerning the national debt ceiling is a good example. It appeared that the country was going to shut down than keep going just so blame could be affixed and so-called principles could be upheld. Jeez.
Catman, the thing is (and I have to be very careful as to not wander OT! LOL) is that there is almost no longer much common agreement on what the problem even is....much less how to "fix" it.
I sadly believe there is really no longer much of a middle ground...because the visions are tooopposite one another.

To put that on a personal level? I can't relate to that "we are all in this together" blurb -- however a great sound-byte it may be -- if the person making the statement has a totally different vision/outlook than I do. Or vice-versa...

Last edited by TexasReb; 09-16-2011 at 10:01 PM..

Unread 09-18-2011, 01:40 PM

11,806 posts, read 12,489,531 times
TexasReb: I hear ya. But to shut down the whole government just to make some sort of point is going way too far. It seems to me that rational people could 'agree to disagree' long enough to keep something like that from happening. We'd be all in that together if if the gov't stopped running.

Unread 09-18-2011, 02:38 PM

380 posts, read 442,755 times
Quote:
I will defend Perry because what he says
Has it ever occurred to you conservatives that maybe you shouldn't just blindly believe anything any "conservative" says?
You do know that it is possible for people to say one thing and do another?

Watching republicans right now is like watching dogs jumping on their owner expecting a treat- they just have to hold up their hand to get them salivating and jumping whether there's anything in it or not.

Just on observation.

Unread 09-18-2011, 02:41 PM

9,622 posts, read 9,925,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
TexasReb: I hear ya. But to shut down the whole government just to make some sort of point is going way too far. It seems to me that rational people could 'agree to disagree' long enough to keep something like that from happening. We'd be all in that together if if the gov't stopped running.
Point acknowledged, Catman, but how long can the government be kept running until it HAS to shut down because there is no longer any money to keep it running? When it is no longer a matter of which side blinks first?

I mean, there is only so long you or me or anybody else can keep running up our debt without the bank or credit card companies shutting us off completely. The only difference is that, yes, the government can keep printing more and more money. But it becomes more and more worthless, and to the point government will shut down whether we like it or not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas