Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 02:37 PM

275 posts, read 416,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Still with the unfounded assumptions. I'm from Texas. I grew up around people like you all my life. Here's a hint...Texas is not the greatest place on Earth, and shockingly, lots of people don't like it. They have to stay for other reasons, however. So, as well as exceedingly unhelpful, your "advice" is utterly obnoxious and arrogant and encompasses a lot of what I detest about Texas.

It's impossible to change the things I loathe about Texas...2 more years and then I am gone.
Why gripe about Texas then? Go somewhere else. There's NO reason for you to stay here, and trust me, no one will want you around in your new location if you move to another place and gripe about it, too.

I never said that Texas is the greatest place on earth. Where did I say that? I said if there are things you don't like about it, then work to change them. If not, then zip it--no one wants to hear your complaints. Leave. No one is stopping you. Get in your car if you have one and choose a road. Buy a bus ticket. The choices are many among the various ways to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 02:39 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexasgal View Post
Why gripe about Texas then? Go somewhere else. There's NO reason for you to stay here, and trust me, no one will want you around in your new location if you move to another place and gripe about it, too.

I never said that Texas is the greatest place on earth. Where did I say that? I said if there are things you don't like about it, then work to change them. If not, then zip it--no one wants to hear your complaints. Leave. No one is stopping you. Get in your car if you have one and choose a road. Buy a bus ticket. The choices are many among the various ways to leave.

I enjoy your failure to both understand what I find so objectionable about your particular message, which is so black and white as to be laughable, and to also fail to understand that yes, indeed, there are circumstances that compel a person to stay where they are for the time being. Again, so black and white as to be laughable.

But then again, I didn't expect much of anything else.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I enjoy your failure to both understand what I find so objectionable about your particular message, which is so black and white as to be laughable, and to also fail to understand that yes, indeed, there are circumstances that compel a person to stay where they are for the time being. Again, so black and white as to be laughable.

But then again, I didn't expect much of anything else.
Everything I can discern about you from your name "get me out of here" to calling "Dallas, Texas, Purgatory, U.S.A." tells me volumes about YOU. YOU are the problem, not Texas. With your negative attitude, no wonder you're miserable. Why are you so miserable and negative?

I'm sure whoever is right around you doesn't enjoy your negative spewing either. Enjoy the sunshine. It's a nice day outside.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I'm sure whoever is right around you doesn't enjoy your negative spewing either. Enjoy the sunshine. It's a nice day outside.

I do enjoy the presumption that every time I speak in real life, it's something negative about Texas. No one seems quick enough to grasp that, on a message board specifically devoted to Texas, the majority of my posts will be negative. See the other sections of the board for sunny unicorn posts.

And no, it's not a nice day out. It's almost November and it's 80+ degrees outside. That's ridiculous.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I do enjoy the presumption that every time I speak in real life, it's something negative about Texas. No one seems quick enough to grasp that, on a message board specifically devoted to Texas, the majority of my posts will be negative. See the other sections of the board for sunny unicorn posts.

And no, it's not a nice day out. It's almost November and it's 80+ degrees outside. That's ridiculous.
See, that's what I don't get. Why are you complaining about Texas, that it's 80+ degrees, and it's almost November? NO ONE can change the climate. What don't you understand about that? So, why gripe about it? What purpose does it serve? Work on the things you can change.

Why are you complaining about things you can't change? The one thing you can change is your attitude OR location. If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Or, decide to accept the reality that Texas' weather is what it is.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
See, that's what I don't get. Why are you complaining about Texas, that it's 80+ degrees, and it's almost November? NO ONE can change the climate. What don't you understand about that? So, why gripe about it? What purpose does it serve? Work on the things you can change.

Why are you complaining about things you can't change? The one thing you can change is your attitude OR location. If you don't like it here, go somewhere else. Or, decide to accept the reality that Texas' weather is what it is.

Why am I right now? To annoy you.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Why am I right now? To annoy you.
You're not annoying me at all. Sorry to disappoint you!

Just think you should hit the road if Texas is so very awful for you. Life's too short to be that miserable!

Plus, no one wants to hear you rant about their home. Most people will tell you that there are many highways to choose from going in all directions. Simply choose one, and be on your way!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
You're not annoying me at all. Sorry to disappoint you!

Just think you should hit the road if Texas is so very awful for you. Life's too short to be that miserable!

Plus, no one wants to hear you rant about their home. Most people will tell you that there are many highways to choose from going in all directions. Simply choose one, and be on your way!
It's my home too. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. But stop acting like a spoiled child and telling people to either make their views line up with your or get out.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
It's my home too. If you don't like it, put me on ignore. But stop acting like a spoiled child and telling people to either make their views line up with your or get out.
You've not answered my question--why gripe about things you can't change or that no one else can change, such as the climate or geography? Do you think griping about non-changeable things is adult or childish behavior?

I'm simply telling you that such behavior isn't welcome to most people. Most people don't want to listen to griping.

If Texas is your home, accept it as is or work to change it for the better. If not, there are many other places to live that would probably be more to your liking.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:31 PM

204 posts, read 336,242 times
Wow nativetexasgal, U MAD!

All I was doing was offering some insight/comparison as a fellow CA native. Since everyone on this forum talks up Texas and how great it is, I just prefer to offer the other point of view. If I was inquiring about moving somewhere new, I'd want the straight dope too. Good and bad.

And for what it's worth, I don't plan on moving back to CA. And, unlike most native Texans I've met, I don't have a superiority complex and get upset when people bash my home state, because I don't have allegiance to a freakin' state. I'm a U.S. citizen.

Anyway, welcome to the Internet, if you are easily offended by people who disagree with you, maybe it's time to reconsider your stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas