Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 10:19 PM

82 posts, read 221,871 times

Advertisements

We would like to rent for a year or so before purchasing a home. We would either like to live in an older, historical neighborhood or a condo/loft in an artsy part of Forth Worth... or maybe lakeside. We don't want a new, mini mansion in a neighborhood with no trees and no personality.... I've done that. We will be working in Arlington, but don't mind living in Fort Worth, however, if we can find a neat neighborhood... "community" (meaning, people actually know their neighbors), we will live in the Arlington area. Does anyone know if there is a Housing Authority, or a rental company that specializes in rentals in the area... or is that not allowed on this thread? Does Arlington have a historical district or a historical society that we could get information from? Is there a symphony or live theater involvement in Arlington, or would we have to go to Fort Worth for "the arts"? Is there a community arts center? We are trying to decide whether to live in Fort Worth and deal with traffic and city headaches... or live in Arlington near work and hope to stumble upon an "alive" neigborhood with involved people. I haven't seen much excitement about Arlington on this forum and I'm a bit hesitant in moving there now. We are looking for something$1800-$2200 rent, maybe 2500 SF. I'm also looking for a separate space to rent for an art studio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas