U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 AM
 
79 posts, read 92,952 times
Reputation: 47
Default Where to Live Midland/Odessa Area?

Quite possibly making a move to the Midland Odessa area for Work and I would like to know where the better areas are. Also what are the areas that I should avoid.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Midland/Dallas
4,009 posts, read 3,742,776 times
Reputation: 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesample View Post
Quite possibly making a move to the Midland Odessa area for Work and I would like to know where the better areas are. Also what are the areas that I should avoid.
One of these days I'm goin to post up some boundaries or area guidelines for Midland/Odessa.

Anyhow, I've got something's going on and will post more later. I'll say for now, anything around Midland's Loop 250...a mile either way should be good. Keep to the East in Odessa...like 191/42nd and 338. There is more but I gotta run.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Edmond, OK
4,016 posts, read 4,650,875 times
Reputation: 3968
You might want to give us a bit more info on what exactly you are looking for. Rent or buy? House or apartment? Budget? Schools?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
14,266 posts, read 19,625,818 times
Reputation: 6286
I'm not trying to be negative here, but from what I have read about the difficulty of finding a place to rent around M/O, you may have to live anywhere that has a vacancy.

Last edited by CptnRn; 11-08-2011 at 01:33 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Midland/Dallas
4,009 posts, read 3,742,776 times
Reputation: 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I'm not trying to be negative here, but from what I have read about the difficulty of finding a place to rent around M/O, you may have to live anywhere that has a vacancy.
CptnRb is right about the shortage of available living in the Midland/Odessa area...it's about the same in a 50 mile radius of the area. It's sometimes very difficult to be choosy. I mean we got people living in Hotels and RVs. I guess it's a step up from the first oil boom which had people living in tents. Now their building apartments like crazy but they fill up almost as soon as their finished. That maybe the best place to start is an apartment if you can get on a list and then look for something else once you're here?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
 
79 posts, read 92,952 times
Reputation: 47
Default Midland/Odessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
You might want to give us a bit more info on what exactly you are looking for. Rent or buy? House or apartment? Budget? Schools?
I would like to start with a Short Term Lease just to see how I like the area. I will be coming alone without Family or Kids. Would like a Small Home but an Apartment would possibly serve just as well. 1 or 2 bedroom I would like to stay under a Grand a Month could do upwards to 1500 for all inclusive. I speak no Spanish but love the Culture.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Midland/Dallas
4,009 posts, read 3,742,776 times
Reputation: 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesample View Post
I would like to start with a Short Term Lease just to see how I like the area. I will be coming alone without Family or Kids. Would like a Small Home but an Apartment would possibly serve just as well. 1 or 2 bedroom I would like to stay under a Grand a Month could do upwards to 1500 for all inclusive. I speak no Spanish but love the Culture.
A two bedroom apartment in Midland runs about 1200 and month.

Midland/Odessa is also mostly English speaking.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 AM
 
11 posts, read 17,161 times
Reputation: 13
I don't want to hijack this thread, but my question is basically the same as the OP's. I am already living in Midland, and my wife and I are looking to buy a house. Is the Los Patios/Holiday Hill area good? Our main concerns are safety, and good schools. Any other areas to look into? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Midland/Dallas
4,009 posts, read 3,742,776 times
Reputation: 2841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieds View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread, but my question is basically the same as the OP's. I am already living in Midland, and my wife and I are looking to buy a house. Is the Los Patios/Holiday Hill area good? Our main concerns are safety, and good schools. Any other areas to look into? Thanks.
Yes, the Los Patios area is a nice and safe area. Just about anything a mile north or south of Loop 250 is good...particularly between Holiday Hill and Big Spring. Anyhow, the Los Patios area is relatively new and close to Green Tree and Grasslands which equally nice if not higher end neighbor hoods. As for schools, there is two there by Grasslands but only Remember Able Junior High. The other I believe is K-6? These are pretty decent public schools. Midland only has two Freshmen schools and neither one is located in a decent area in my opinion.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top