Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtray View Post
only because of transplants migrating here from other states. Texas has a long history of owning firearms, hanging people, and conservative views. Gay marriages and bleeding hearts is something brought over from transplants.
And youre proud of that????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 01:54 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
I support gay marriage (actually think it shouldn't even be an issue, I'm so liberal on that one). I own guns (and have known how to shoot well, and handle them safely, since I was 8 years old and think that it would be much better to educate our populace on the safe handling of them than to run in terror and hide from them out of ignorance). I think that capital punishment is appropriate in some cases, not in others. I'm adamant about good education and think that's one of the worst things on Rick Perry's record. I absolutely refuse to vote on party lines (have this silly insistence on actually using my brain rather than letting my "party" do it for me) and vote instead by individual issue and individual candidate. Would LOVE to have "None of the above" on every ballot, local, county, state, and federal, and if None of the Above wins, they have to go away and come back with a better candidate/option for us than the bad ones they originally presented us with. (SO sick of voting for the lesser of two evils!) I've read the Bible, including Apocrypha (first word to last, in order, only way to get any context - fascinating military history, at the very least), and I've read Darwin. Managed not to get my panties in a knot reading either one of them. I'm adamant about the separation of church and state and not the least bit quiet about that or hesitant to point out that the founding fathers had very good reasons for setting things up that way, for the protection of BOTH state and church. (If you invite religion into government, you've just automatically invited government into religion, and that's not something you want to do lightly.)

Native Texan. Stubbornly refuse to embrace or reject the stereotypes (unless I'm pulling someone's leg, of course, because they've swallowed the stereotypes hook, line and sinker). Some fit some Texans (and likely folks from just about every state in the Union), some don't.

Like most native Texans, I'm an individual, for good or ill.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Like most native Texans, I'm an individual, for good or ill.
Thats how Ive found most Texans. No one has really fit or made a mold of what a Texan should be. Here in the Dallas area, Ive met religous Texans and Ive met Texans who despise every aspect of Christianity. Ive met liberals, conservatives, and people who could care less. Ive met gun owners and people who dont care about guns.

This places is just too diverse to throw into one stereotype.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:49 PM

204 posts, read 336,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Only because of Transplants migrating here from other states. Texas has a long history of owning firearms, hanging people, and Conservative views. Gay marriages and bleeding hearts is something brought over from transplants.
Wow. I can't imagine what it's like to be you.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:57 PM

204 posts, read 336,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Thats how Ive found most Texans. No one has really fit or made a mold of what a Texan should be. Here in the Dallas area, Ive met religous Texans and Ive met Texans who despise every aspect of Christianity. Ive met liberals, conservatives, and people who could care less. Ive met gun owners and people who dont care about guns.

This places is just too diverse to throw into one stereotype.
Wrong.

True Texans are required to shoot guns, hate gays, lynch blacks, and vote red. Just ask SVTRay. Anyone else is just a bleeding heart lib from California.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:24 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
Now we see the main reason you hate Texas Going by your posts, you're obsessed with homosexuality and anal sex.
As opposed to yourself who loves Texas because you're obsessed with homosexuality and anal sex. Why did you move here if it is such an important issue for you?

It is pretty stupid to move to a conservative state and then complain that it is a conservative state.

Last edited by CptnRn; 11-11-2011 at 05:34 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
True Texans are required to shoot guns, hate gays, lynch blacks, and vote red. Just ask SVTRay. Anyone else is just a bleeding heart lib from California.
I guess we transplants are here to save them from themselves.

All I can say to those that feel pride in lynching is this: If being proud of the hate in your heritage (like lynching people) is something you see in yourself, you are truly a hateful person.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grf430 View Post
Wrong.

One has to wonder a bit why so many bleeding heart libs from California decided to move to Texas, don't you reckon? Maybe because they secretly want to shoot guns, hate gays, and lynch blacks...? Or just find a job?

Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I guess we transplants are here to save them from themselves.

All I can say to those that feel pride in lynching is this: If being proud of the hate in your heritage (like lynching people) is something you see in yourself, you are truly a hateful person.
All I can say is please give some support for this absolutely ridiculous notion that a certain genre of California transplants (or from any other state) has some historical credentials to take this condecending and outright silly posture? Can we discuss California's history of racial/ethnic tolerance and lack of race-riots? ROFLMAO

Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
All I can say is please give some support for this absolutely ridiculous notion that a certain genre of California transplants (or from any other state) has some historical credentials to take this condecending and outright silly posture? Can we discuss California's history of racial/ethnic tolerance and lack of race-riots? ROFLMAO
And those are things were ashamed of. Do you think we go around talking with pride about our racial turmoil and violence??? The racial violence that was so terrible in my home state disturbing and awful, it's never anything I would brag about. That's difference.

That's what I have a problem with, not that Texans take pride in their heritage. Someone bragging with pride that their heritage is lynching blacks is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas