Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 4,636 times

Advertisements

Hey Administrators, Staff, Teachers, and Faculty of the totality non-existent public ISDs of Texas!

Do I have a fun game for you! I have just invented the longest, most exciting, most challenging game ever known to man (excepting politics, unless you count this game)!!! We're gonna have BBQs, pep rallys, recognition for the losers, and plastic banners for the winners. You'll have your names printed in newspapers across our great state. And BEST of all!!! Your year-round (YEAR-round) efforts can be accessed with just one tally at the end of the year - well adjusted, happy, knowledgeable students that are ready to learn next year???? No! Your assessment will be numbers... so much easier to understand and it's objective! The information will astound you.

Don't have time to play? Are you too busy teaching subjects that connect your students with real-life, thought-provoking, current, relevant issues? That's really too bad. I know you'll want those crayons for the art class (1 class for 700 students).

Teachers: Your admin.s will be so frustrated that the close bond you have been forging for years will be demolished, so you won't have to worry about that pesky hunting trip you looked forward to with your families. That's ok. You can go separately, and forge new friendships with disgruntled teachers who are forged together with the bond that never breaks - bitchin' and discouragement!

Administrators: You'll not have to worry about the separation of 'church and state' in your personal/business life since you'll be 'ordered' by the State to turn your back on what you KNOW is best for your students! Your hands are clean... it's not your fault! And your collegues? You don't need their respect; fear was good enough for Hitler, and he was a great leader. (ADD moment... Read Treblinka and open your eyes. You ARE the Judenrat.) But, I digress (are am I?)

Annnnywho... Have I mentioned the other members on your TEAM (team? ha!) Well, the librarians who have fought so hard to keep the library a teks emphasized, but "The Test" free area will be pressured to talk about the test when connecting great materials with their students. And, you'll also be required to stop that demanding teaching. You'll not have to worry about developing engaging lessons that enrich and expand upon skills in the classroom. You also don't have to worry anymore about getting connected with the kids. Think of ALL your free time to read journals, drink coffee, and just check in and our books. Happy Shelving! Wow! What a job! [[What have I been thinking all this time????? I could have been doing what the masses have assumed I am doing! A monkey could do my job!]]

OOps! I forgot to say:
1. you can not gripe about playing the game. Besides, who would WANT to?

2. Only a dummy would actually tell the community that "the emperor is buck-naked." Who wants to rock that boat? Anyway, at this time of the game, everyone knows it anyway. The emperor even looks pleased by his huge assets and the way his weight is thrown around. Yeah, he's pretty much "out there, baby, and lovin' every minute of it!"

3. MOST IMPORTANT: I CHANGE THE RULES ALL THE TIME!!! Since I developed the game, I can change the rules. I can also out-source the board/game playing pieces to a company and pay them MILLIONS of $ of YOUR MONEY to MASS produce the game boards. (I guess I AM the Emperor and not the PUBLIC servant you elected.)

You see...if you begin to win by...let's see...You've bought Park Place and Boardway...you're building hotels, etc. I'm gonna make the utilites the most desirable properties. You Are soooo STUPID.

You must keep telling yourself that it's just a game. After all, the only real losers are your students and the really good teachers. If you play, really play the game, you're safe! Mental health and integrity are over-rated.

And keep telling your students: You CAN kick a 45 yard field goal You CAN kick a 45 yard field goal You CAN kick a 45 yard field goal

Whew! Thank goodness!
"I was dreaming when I wrote this, so sue me if it goes astray."
Prince Party like it's 1999.
"Every act of our lives strikes a cord that vibrates through out eternity."
Rick Warren A Purpose Driven Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: