Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:42 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,524,425 times

Advertisements

SMU, Houston, TCU, Baylor...it's exciting to see so many local teams doing well. I hope Keenum and Griffin get the accolades they truly deserve. The Heisman has proved to be a total farce 10 times over, but Griffin certainly deserves it. It's too bad it always goes to the QB or RB of the most hyped team and not the truly best player in college football like it's supposed to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 03:27 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,798,356 times
UH nice win over Tulsa. I am impressed how they went into Tulsa and took care of business. You have shut me up...

Old 11-25-2011, 03:55 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,351,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Yeah TCU used to blow, now look at them. They won their first ever Rose Bowl last year.

The Coogs & Bears have that same potential if not this year in the years to come.
I'm sorry but Houston and and Baylor will only continue their success until Sumlin and briles leave. These programs are stop gap programs. Maybe they are like Patterson at TCU. But I have to believe that if a big name program comes calling, they're gone and they will be right back to being average programs. That said I'm happy for the Coogs and Bears.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:15 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,800,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
UH nice win over Tulsa. I am impressed how they went into Tulsa and took care of business. You have shut me up...
Thank God someone finally did. LMAO

Old 11-26-2011, 12:47 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,875,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I'm sorry but Houston and and Baylor will only continue their success until Sumlin and briles leave. These programs are stop gap programs. Maybe they are like Patterson at TCU. But I have to believe that if a big name program comes calling, they're gone and they will be right back to being average programs. That said I'm happy for the Coogs and Bears.
Hating is the sincerest form of flattery.

Don't hate what you can't imitate.

Haters only hate the things they can't get & the people they can't be.

Hating on a certain name only gives them fame.

Love me or hate me either way I'm on your mind.

Hated by many confronted by none.

Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.

etc. etc. etc.

Houston hasn't lost a game yet making them 12-0. The Coogs are on fire this season. They certainly whipped up on Dallas (38 to 15) & Tulsa (48 to 16).

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-26-2011 at 01:33 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Miss me with that hatin title. I'm only speaking on what's real. They are the type of programs that successful coaches will move on to big time programs for. Truth hurts.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:06 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,226,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
UH was moderately successful under Briles before Sumlin arrived. Briles brought them out of mediocrity. Sumlin extended the success, and if Sumlin leaves the rumor is Jason Philips (offensive coord, UH alum from run-and-shoot days) may take over. It's not a far stretch to think that UH could rise back to become perennially ranked like the 80's and early 90's before the advent of the BCS. It's not just Sumlin. UH could go on without him just like they did when Briles took the $$$ and ran.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
UH was moderately successful before Sumlin arrived. Briles brought them out of mediocrity. Sumlin extended the success, and if Sumlin leaves the rumor is Jason Philips (offensive coord, UH alum from run-and-shoot days) may take over. It's not a far stretch to think that UH could rise back to become perennially ranked like the 80's and early 90's. It's not just Sumlin doing it.
They can become a perennial top 25 team but not a consistent top 10 year in and year out. I dont they will ever be able to recruit with the Texas, LSU, OU, A&M type programs. More money, better facilities, better competition at these programs. I know Texas is down. But they are a qb from being a top 10 maybe 5 team. Baylor has even a bigger hole. They play in a confereence with Texas and OU. Briles is a hell of a coach. He may stay at BU once RG3 leaves. But if a traditional power is interested, I think he takes it.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:24 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,616,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Houston hasn't lost a game yet making them 12-0. The Coogs are on fire this season. They certainly whipped up on Dallas (38 to 15) & Tulsa (48 to 16).
I figured this thread was started as another Houston vs Dallas thread in disguise and I guess I was right.

U of H didn't beat "Dallas" or the university of Dallas, they beat SMU. Not the same thing.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,875,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I figured this thread was started as another Houston vs Dallas thread in disguise and I guess I was right.

U of H didn't beat "Dallas" or the university of Dallas, they beat SMU. Not the same thing.
You read too much into things that aren't there compadre.

If SMU is not in Dallas then where is it?

If UH is not in Houston then where is it?

Southern Methodist University is Dallas' only college team.

Houston has 2 teams, University of Houston Cougars & Rice Owls.

Are you implying Baylor is not in Waco either?

Next thing you'll be saying USC is not in LA, LAnative

Last edited by Metro Matt; 11-26-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas