Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:22 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoND2work View Post
Thanks for all the info SVTRay! and all the other who have chimed in, it is very encouraging since I will be driving about 1100 miles just to get there.

My plan is Midland/Odessa first and appreciate the list of companies to check out, but I do have one more question if anybody knows. If I go knocking on doors of these companies do they have field offices or HR trailers/buildings that I can go to or do you have to go their corporate offices? I have applied online to several of them but have not really talked to anyone yet. I plan on visiting the SOS Staffing office there but really want to hit these others in person.

Any info is again greatly appreciated! Y'all have been very helpful, thanks again!
My best advice for anyone is to head this way and knock on some doors. I got my CDL on a Friday and the following Monday started looking for work...I never got past Wednesday before I had someone sending me off for a drug text and physical...that was with zero experience in the oilfield and driving a truck! I have seen it countless times as well. Now not having a CDL may slow you down but I don't think it will by much.

Anyhow, as for your original question, some companies have local offices at their yards where you can apply while others have more of a nice business type office. Now I don't know a lot of the physical addresses but I can give you some driving directions to a good chunk of oil related companies....mostly Fracing and Wireline.

Roads with oilfield related companies.

Garden City Hwy (Hwy 158) east of I-20 has a chain of oilfield related companies.

Business Loop 20 running between Midland and Odessa.

1788 just north of hwy 191 (Allied wireline for example is in this area)

Front st along the rail road tracks headed east towards I-20 (Pioneer has a location in this area)

There is a Fracing company (Superior Well Services) and wireline company on a small dead road near Loop 250 and I-20. You're exiting the interstate, exit Loop 250 and stay on the service road headed west. Once you cross Loop 250 headed west, look for a road on your right...believe it's the first road. Take the right and a few blocks or so you will come to a stop sign...take a left headed west again. There on the left head side is a Superior and a wireline company...if Great White is still there they also do fracing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:40 PM

112 posts, read 316,444 times
Man you are johnny on the spot! This is great, I was just thinking some of these places are not even gonna talk to me at their corporate/business offices but knowing where a lot of them are located on the same road can be a great help. Many, many years ago we lived in both the Dallas area and Houston too and have a great understanding of how spread out everything is so just knowing which roads will save me a lot driving.

I am anxious to get started, will let you know how it goes once I get there! Thanks again and hope you have a Happy New Year!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoND2work View Post
Man you are johnny on the spot! This is great, I was just thinking some of these places are not even gonna talk to me at their corporate/business offices but knowing where a lot of them are located on the same road can be a great help. Many, many years ago we lived in both the Dallas area and Houston too and have a great understanding of how spread out everything is so just knowing which roads will save me a lot driving.

I am anxious to get started, will let you know how it goes once I get there! Thanks again and hope you have a Happy New Year!
Hope it helps, drive safe.

Oh, and I'm just sitting here by the computer waiting to hear back from someone about some non related work

Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM

39 posts, read 141,852 times
Great information and it is much appreciated.

Happy New Year!!

Old 12-31-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigPig View Post
Great information and it is much appreciated.

Happy New Year!!
Thanks, sorry I don't know much about the drilling end of the oilfield but I'm sure you want have any issues finding a drilling company with your experience. And theres work here for sure, at one point (this year or last), 80% of all new wells drilled in the United States was in Martin County Texas...which is just 13 miles East of the Midland Texas.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:39 PM

80 posts, read 272,125 times
What is a Fracing job like and how much will someone make over a year? What about job growth?

Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM

79 posts, read 193,981 times
Does anyone know if Baker Hughes is working in this area?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:47 PM

39 posts, read 173,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesample View Post
Does anyone know if Baker Hughes is working in this area?
Yes I think they have jobs in Tx. from what Ive seen.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:32 PM

112 posts, read 316,444 times
The biggest thing with Baker Hughes is you have to apply online or attend one of their job fairs. I don't know if they have posted any for the new year yet or not. If I find out I will post it here.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:33 PM

79 posts, read 193,981 times
I went to the Job Fair in Lakeland Fl and was turned down for a Charge that is 30 years old due to them trying to process so many people as quickly as possible. I got that all straightened out and was told I would go on the waiting list for ND and when the Jobs started opening up there or the Housing situation got better they would call. But have recently read in another forum about some slots available in Tx with Baker Hughes. I would be interested in the area around Alice and so on but not up in the Pan Handle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas