Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM

39 posts, read 141,625 times

Advertisements

I was lucky enough to get a job for the moment and would have to save some money to move but I am interested.

I have heard that there is a glut of natural gas stockpiled and drilling for gas will start to slow down and the rigs will move to the oil plays.

If you see him I would love to know if the industry is still in a strong growth period and if there is enough turnover for me to work my way up to a drilling position over a few years. I used to work as an assistant driller about 25 years ago. It would also be interesting to find out how fast a person could learn directional drilling?

There are jog postings for rig hands once in a while and usually the best way to get hired is to show up so it looks good.

Thanks again for the help SVTRAY it is greatly appreciated.

I would really love to call that driller some time and talk to him although I need to stay put here for a few months at least to get caught up financially.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,886 times
Somebody knows if there its job in midland. Something like petróleoum ir Oil. And do yall know how much they start paing?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:03 AM

39 posts, read 141,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terdole View Post
Somebody knows if there its job in midland. Something like petróleoum ir Oil. And do yall know how much they start paing?
Are you looking for full time work as a troll?

Old 03-17-2012, 05:58 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,230,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terdole View Post
The oilfield is still hoping along in Midland/Odessa. As for pay, that all depends on your skill level, experience, education etc. CDL is king when it comes to hardly any skill or experience etc. A CDL driver can start out at 15.00-20.00 an hour. Then work hands can start out around 10.00-15.00.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:36 PM

7 posts, read 37,075 times
Default Comparing companies time on/time off

I am currently starting my third week at Trucking school with intention of working in the oil/natural gas fields of midland/odessa or hobbs/carlsbad/maljamar areas. I live in New Mexico and plan on driving out to the companies that have offices in any of those locations when I have my Class A license with tanker and hazmat endorsements in hand. One of my main concerns is the time on vs. time off of the companies out there. I would like to work for someone that gives the longest period of time off between days on because I have a family with young kids. Any suggestions?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM

3 posts, read 3,993 times
[quote=vosake;22673372]I'm still in the Midland area looking around. I can say for sure that Frac Tech in Odessa is looking for people with CDL A/CDL A Permits. I already went thru an interview with Frac Tech and I'm slowly going broke waiting on my background check to come back.

Also Pioneer Drilling (different company from Pioneer Natural Resources) in Midland is looking for people for their drilling and trucking divisions. I still have to go over there and apply with them, but I've met so many people by accident who have given me their cards I'm just trying to follow up on leads.

Also since Schlumberg is in town supposedly SOSStaffing in midland handles all of their applicants so I need to look into that.

Their are jobs for signs for CDL drivers at Lonestar Distribution and other companys all along industrial rd right next to the i-20 business rd in between Odessa/Midland.

Hmm anyone else out here still looking I've even found a local bar where some of the oil rig and driver guys go lol.

SVTRay, yeah I mightve seen you out in town and not even known it
The guys at Frac Tech said they are gettin a lot more new equipment and said they are going to start hiring a lot more people and I'm actually a bit lucky to have gotten my foot into an interview so fast. The pay is a bit lower from what I understand, but I did get a small bump (about 18/hr starting), although some of the people I met said I should definitely keep applying everywhere cause other companies are starting their people off at 20+.

Also the guy at Frac Tech was givin me choices of staying at a mancamp 2 hours south of midland or staying here and having the company pay for my living for a few weeks. So it seems like they take care of their people?

I just hope these checks hurry up cause this town

Last edited by Dust75; 01-22-2013 at 12:33 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Does anybody know how long it takes for Frac Tech background check to clear? I'm going broke.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:06 PM

5 posts, read 14,095 times
Do these companies hire for other positions that aren't out in the field or driving like maybe a shop hand or helper or anything like that? I ask because I'm going to the Bryan/Cstat & Caldwell area tomorrow or Thursday and I'm going to checking out a couple companies and see if they're hiring but as much as I'd like to start off as a frac hand or another position out in the field I feel a bit intimidated since I have absolutely zero experience in anything oil.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM

Your best bet starting out as a frac hand would be Halliburton

Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 PM

5 posts, read 14,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust75 View Post
Your best bet starting out as a frac hand would be Halliburton
Yeah I've been applying to their frac positions but I tend to always just get their sorry but you haven't been chosen for this position etc. They're actually hiring out of their caldwell office but have yet to hear anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas