Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 PM

8 posts, read 30,271 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any comments, info., insight they'd like to share about the subdivision Diamond D Ranch in Beaumont, TX, off Hwy. 90? Good place to live? Not so good place? What is the area like? Any info. appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 12:08 AM

3,266 posts, read 5,632,596 times
I work in Beaumont but never drive out that way as I live 50 miles north of town. It is reclaimed rice farm land so expect it to be flat and open. Trees grow real fast here so it may not stay too open. The area is fine and I'm sure the development will have restrictions but adjacent areas will have everything from mobile homes to ranch land. Here's what I found on the WWW about it from the local paper:

Development on former farm field takes root west of Beaumont - Beaumont Enterprise

The area should be safe as it is well away from the high crime areas. Schools should be OK especially if in the Hardin Jefferson Independent School District.

A lot of your questions are so general . Like: good place or bad place ... well that's really not telling any potential responder what YOU consider good or bad.

Come back and tell what you are looking for in a place to live. Why are you moving to Beaumont? Is it temporary? Do you know anything about Texas, the area, the weather, the bugs. Everyone seems to be of the opinion we have only 2 seasons here: Summer and not summer. I don't feel that way though.

Personally I don't like flat open land! (my generic insight)

Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 PM

8 posts, read 30,271 times
Thanks for the info. I grew up in SETX, so I am aware of Texas "charm". X-) I was more interested in the viability of the subdivision, if it has enough solid interest/buyers to make it work, or will it go bust due to lack of buyers? Wasn't sure if it was too far out of town, or if there were unpleasant elements in the immediate area. It looks good on paper, but don't they all? I'm relocating back to my roots, but haven't lived in the area for quite some time. I have horses, so the stable next door is a plus. Mainly looking for a low crime, stable, congruent subdivision/area. Thanks for you response!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,719 times
I am a new home design consultant and have recently been involved in several projects in the area -

What I found is there are few if any negatives. Thia area, like all others saw a slow down over the previous two years but has just recently in the last 4 months seen a huge interest in new development. Three new builders have recently started construction on sold homes and all have committed to future builds starting immediately.

In your investigation you will find a highly acclaimed school district, low crime and lower TAXES when compared with the other acclaimed districts in the area. As well as only 15 minutes away major new developments, shops, banks and shopping centers have grown up and are thriving with all the latest players you would recognize.

The only negative I see is quickly changing... Sitting just less than 10 miles outside the Beaumont City Limits on US Hwy 90, this community is located several miles outside the older off road business' that popped up years ago along this once highly trafficked corridor leading into the city, after the traffic had moved to the Interstate 10 area it left a path of older properties that have just recently began seeing a revitalization with an upturn in new tenants and rates. Main Streets First Baptist Church has recently purchased property in the area and will be starting construction of their new main building soon.

I predict with it's close proximity to Beaumont and its major employers, this area will continue to have a very healthy and prosperous future.

For more information you can call or write to Lonnie Weatherly @Call2Show.com, cell, text or message 281-235-9351 ([url=http://www.Call2Show.com]Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool[/url] Coming early 2012)

For corrections or comments send email to [email]poppalon@gmail.com[/email]

Old 02-28-2016, 08:48 PM

5 posts, read 10,188 times
I was wondering if anyone had any updated thoughts on this area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas