Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 01:42 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Midland, yes, but Lubbock and San Antonio basically have no oil industry to speak of (especially Lubbock).
San Antonio is seeing an uptick in jobs related to the Eagle Ford resource, I am a headhunter and have a few jobs to fill in oil and gas there right now. Lubbock not oil and gas, I agree with you and mispoke above
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 03:37 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,747,091 times
This is a typical troll bot.

Tracking the Internet Trolls - YouTube

Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,407,065 times
I am a headhunter focused on oil and gas jobs. Today, someone looking for a job that ways 6 figures is much more likely to find it in Houston in oil and gas then in any other US city. While Dallas lags Houston in this distinction many professionals are moving to Dallas for great job opportunities. Yes there are a lot of low paying warehouse and electronics refurbishing jobs in Texas... but at least you can live on the salary in Texas easier than you can back east or out west as well.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Hum...is that plus or minus the 5 million illegal aliens? If you noticed, most of the lower income states are South of the country and states with illegal aliens issues. Texas spends about 2.5 billion a year just on health care for illegal aliens. If you don't Texas, then move. But to sit here and bash the state all because of a courty who refuses to enforce it's Immagration policies to absrude! Seriously, if our job market was all that bad than why is every state license plate represented in the pick line our son's school? We got people moving here from all overthe courty because we have a solid job market. We don't all buy worthless invisable paper stocks either, I invest my money in art and physical metals...neither of which is reported to some survey.
I don't think USC dislikes Texas at all. I'm not from here and I love Texas also.

What I don't like is this, "Don't like it, leave!" attitude so many Texans have. What is wrong with a difference of opinion?

Also, I don't see all these out of state plates in the Houston area everyone else in Texas claims to see. And as far as I'm concerned, Louisiana does not count.

I get sick of scapegoating the illegals. All I ever hear is "they cost x amount of money" without any sort of reference to the taxes they pay. And please, spare me the "illegals don't pay taxes" nonsense. Everyone has to live somewhere, buy clothes and a vehicle.

Oh, and by the way, who do you think encourages illegals to come to our country? Last time I checked, business owners in Texas are Republicans.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:33 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I don't think USC dislikes Texas at all. I'm not from here and I love Texas also.

What I don't like is this, "Don't like it, leave!" attitude so many Texans have. What is wrong with a difference of opinion?

Also, I don't see all these out of state plates in the Houston area everyone else in Texas claims to see. And as far as I'm concerned, Louisiana does not count.

I get sick of scapegoating the illegals. All I ever hear is "they cost x amount of money" without any sort of reference to the taxes they pay. And please, spare me the "illegals don't pay taxes" nonsense. Everyone has to live somewhere, buy clothes and a vehicle.

Oh, and by the way, who do you think encourages illegals to come to our country? Last time I checked, business owners in Texas are Republicans.
Well said

Old 02-09-2012, 07:05 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,266,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
This is a typical troll bot.

Tracking the Internet Trolls - YouTube
I actually got a permanent infraction on my CD account for agreeing with the above statement....and all I said was "This."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas