Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will make the most dramatic Change in its core?
Dallas 57 24.36%
Houston 103 44.02%
Austin 48 20.51%
San Antonio 26 11.11%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,806,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
To be honest I never cliked the link...Im about to now.

Well I guess not..I dont want to download it.
you don't need to download it. sheesh this is 2012 hun. what sort of system are you using???

Then again, the envy will kill you if you do read the link. I don't want you to die so its best you don't read the link.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,883,627 times
1. Houston

2. Dallas/Austin (tie)

3. San Antonio

Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,398,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
you don't need to download it. sheesh this is 2012 hun. what sort of system are you using???

Then again, the envy will kill you if you do read the link. I don't want you to die so its best you don't read the link.
Im on my phone at the moment.....By the way,I am VERY satisfied with what's goin on in Dallas so I hardly think I would envy anything...are you crazy?!...

Old 02-27-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
1. Houston

2. Dallas/Austin (tie)

3. San Antonio
Its no way in the world possible to assemble a list for austin that matches the list I posted for Dallas.Within the next 5 years....Maybe 30 years....maybe.

Houston can't even match it.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Im on my phone at the moment.....By the way,I am VERY satisfied with what's goin on in Dallas so I hardly think I would envy anything...are you crazy?!...
just letting you know why I voted how I did like you did yourself.

Are you really satisfied with DT Dallas though??
Although we are getting lots of stuff I am not yet satisfied with DT Houston.
But what I am least satisfied with is in the plans that I linked.

http://static.culturemap.com/site_media/uploads/photos/2011-11-07/macys.350w_263h.jpg (broken link)

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...ain-street.jpg

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...las-street.jpg

oh and lets not forget the gardens around the stadium:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post

Quote:
Its no way in the world possible to assemble a list for austin that matches the list I posted for Dallas.Within the next 5 years....Maybe 30 years....maybe.

Houston can't even match it.
Houston already has everything on your list hun. The list itself is mainly upgrades.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,810,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag more bark less View Post
Austin is still changing dramatically in DT & the core, but it won't be as pronounced or 'dramatic' as it was the last 5 with the skyline changes & rail. I'm still very interested & excited to see how different it will be in 5 more years - bigger, denser, more accessible, more amenities etc. But I don't see any dramatic changes on the horizon.
I agree about the past 5 years, but I think Austin still makes the best case for upcoming dramatic change. After all, Austin's last 3 tallest buildings only held that title for about 2-3 years average. Now we've got 3 huge hotels going up (including the state's tallest), new residential highrises still going up, new boardwalk on Ladybird Lake, new Whole Foods office tower, Waller Creek tunnel and redevelopment area, potential new DT Aquatic center, new medical school, new county courthouse/private tower combo (could be another new tallest), Seaholm redevelopment, Green WTP redevelopment, etc. Urban rail expansion is on the ballot in November. And that's all just in the very small downtown CBD... ie, doesn't even account for the new Formula 1 track and how huge the effects from that could be.

Houston and Dallas make good cases too, though. Dallas especially with the Trinity stuff and Woodall-Rogers park, but Houston is always doing impressive stuff. And H-Town always seems to grow upward and become a bit more dense each time gas prices get really high... so there's that.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
I agree about the past 5 years, but I think Austin still makes the best case for upcoming dramatic change. After all, Austin's last 3 tallest buildings only held that title for about 2-3 years average. Now we've got 3 huge hotels going up (including the state's tallest), new residential highrises still going up, new boardwalk on Ladybird Lake, new Whole Foods office tower, Waller Creek tunnel and redevelopment area, potential new DT Aquatic center, new medical school, new county courthouse/private tower combo (could be another new tallest), Seaholm redevelopment, Green WTP redevelopment, etc. Urban rail expansion is on the ballot in November. And that's all just in the very small downtown CBD... ie, doesn't even account for the new Formula 1 track and how huge the effects from that could be.
Thats a lot of stuff

and here is Dallasboi making it sound like little is going on in Austin.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Thats a lot of stuff

and here is Dallasboi making it sound like little is going on in Austin.
I agree...that is quite an impressive list for Austin(not quite as long but)...However....I do think the developments in Dallas will create the most Dramatic change out of the three....easily.....Kudos for Austin

Old 02-27-2012, 09:37 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,807,075 times
Quote:
Kdogg no I did not forget Ft.Worth...I was asking which city will make the most DRASTIC change in its core and Yes Ft.Worth is Growing in its core but in 5 years it wont look too different.
Sadly, I can't disagree....

Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Sadly, I can't disagree....
Ft.Worth is doing some things too around its downtown.....don't get me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas