Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will make the most dramatic Change in its core?
Dallas 57 24.36%
Houston 103 44.02%
Austin 48 20.51%
San Antonio 26 11.11%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 02:57 PM

692 posts, read 854,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Well These are the reasons i choose Dallas:

*Belo Gardens
*The Joule Expansion with 5-star Retail
*The Statler Hotel rennovation
* The build-out of the Omni hotel(development around the hotel)
*The extention of the MATA streetcar into dontown on to oak cliff
* Opening of the orange line to DFW(Will increase downtown foot traffic)
*Two Arts Plaza
*The addition of the City Performance Hall in the Arts District.
*The Woodall Rodgers Deck Park
*The Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge
*Trinity Groves Development
*The I-30 Bridge
*The Museum of Nature And Science
*The Victory fill-in(Its already Cranking up)
*The tallest ride in the World(arrives fall 2012 Fair Park)
*The Spire Development
*The mutiple towers and development included in the Cityplace-West Village build out(awsome density)
* The Street car Turn-Table(one of only two in the U.S)
*The Farmers market re-vamp
*The Farmers market residential build-out(good dense infill)
*Multiple residential additions to the design District
*The continetal Bridge Park Development
*Harwood addition to uptown(at least 30 stories)
*The Ross Avenue re-Vamp
*A Year-round Amusement Park.... Fair Park
*At least 5 rennovation apartment projects DownTown
And all of this is in the next 5 years...Oh and only in the downtown area..I could name alot of other stuff away fron downtown too...but thats another thread...
So Dallas will continue its slide into playground-for-the-rich status. Not progress, really, so much as more of the same thing.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:27 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycrow View Post
So Dallas will continue its slide into playground-for-the-rich status. Not progress, really, so much as more of the same thing.
Thats an old list....just about all of it is done. If thats not cosidered progress then I don't know what to call it.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
yep.. if they can do that to a small section of Ray Hubbard that would be awesome. i would definitely be down to swim in it/do all sorts of water recreational activities that i would otherwise be more weary of in the actual lake. I'm not good at visualizing land area though so I'm not sure how big 5.5 acres would be. and what are the implications to erecting a 5.5 acre contained "lagoon" in an existing lake? I was under the impression most of these were brand new water holes.. I'm sure there would be a good bit of permitting and hoops to jump through when putting something that large in a public body of water..

the staycation-resort idea is great too. if these end up going through, i hope one of the Houston developers builds something like that into their project so its not exclusive to the people in whatever master planned communities are looking into building them. the water/concept is so beautiful looking and unlike anything else around that you could make your own little slice of paradise with one of these that i feel would be popular for locals looking to take a quick weekend "getaway"..
..I knew you wouldn't catch the sarcasm in my post....but i like your response

Old 08-04-2015, 09:08 AM

5,263 posts, read 6,399,224 times
Quote:
if they can do that to a small section of Ray Hubbard that would be awesome. i would definitely be down to swim in it/do all sorts of water recreational activities that i would otherwise be more weary of in the actual lake
The lake they are considering this for, Lake Ray Hubbard, currently has no permissible swimmable areas on the coastline. If you want to swim it you have to break the law or have a boat. Dallas' natural water activities are really weak and most of it's waterfronts are serious afterthoughts unless you can afford a boat, so I applaud this company and hope it gets built and is moderately affordable for a daypass.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:44 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
..I knew you wouldn't catch the sarcasm in my post....but i like your response
"Good for Houston" is sarcasm that I somehow didn't catch?

Old 08-04-2015, 10:51 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
The lake they are considering this for, Lake Ray Hubbard, currently has no permissible swimmable areas on the coastline. If you want to swim it you have to break the law or have a boat. Dallas' natural water activities are really weak and most of it's waterfronts are serious afterthoughts unless you can afford a boat, so I applaud this company and hope it gets built and is moderately affordable for a daypass.
Interesting point.. I never really considered just how weak Dallas' water recreational activities were if you don't have a boat.. Dallasites try to hype up those reservoirs so hard but I guess they're just more playgrounds for the rich.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:16 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
Don't know much about Ray Hubbard but if it isn't swimmable it doesn't mean that's the way all lakes are in the region. They also have boat rentals at nearly all the major lakes that I've visited. And there are many that have swimmable areas as well. Joe Pool, Lewisville, and Lake Grandbury come to mind. Lake Burger in FW also but that one is small and would cosider it more of a waterpark.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:14 AM

Whole Foods Market in Uptown Dallas: Your sneak peek before it opens Wednesday | | Dallas Morning News

Old 08-06-2015, 12:25 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,968,633 times
I see no brewey like the Post Oak Whole Foods in Houston.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXEX06 View Post
I see no brewey like the Post Oak Whole Foods in Houston.
The one in Dallas doesn't need one
https://www.google.com/search?redir_...+uptown+dallas
......And the development as a whole is far more appealing than the one going up in houston.....a day late and a dollar short
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas