Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 04:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,368 times

Advertisements

My company picked up work in Greenville and I will be moving there for the 6 month duration of the job. I am a 26yr old male from Nashville, TN and am trying to weigh my options on which area/city would be best suited for someone of my age.

I'm not opposed to commuting and I am not tied down to anything in Nashville. Feel free to ask me any questions and thanks for the help.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM

11,819 posts, read 26,732,998 times
Do a search in the Dallas forum. Most of the suggestions are to live in Rockwall and drive the 30 miles to Greenville.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:06 AM

3,042 posts, read 8,349,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGNash View Post
My company picked up work in Greenville and I will be moving there for the 6 month duration of the job. I am a 26yr old male from Nashville, TN and am trying to weigh my options on which area/city would be best suited for someone of my age.

I'm not opposed to commuting and I am not tied down to anything in Nashville. Feel free to ask me any questions and thanks for the help.....
Will you only be here for the 6 months or are you contemplating staying? If so are you looking to buy? What type of accommodations are you looking for? By that I mean are you looking for an extended stay hotel, short term apartment lease, etc.? Will your job be long hours which means you might want something close and won't mind commuting to entertainment, etc.? Roughly where in Greenville is your job (North of Greenville, South of Greenville, etc.)?

Old 03-09-2012, 06:42 AM

2 posts, read 2,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Do a search in the Dallas forum. Most of the suggestions are to live in Rockwall and drive the 30 miles to Greenville.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Will you only be here for the 6 months or are you contemplating staying? If so are you looking to buy? What type of accommodations are you looking for? By that I mean are you looking for an extended stay hotel, short term apartment lease, etc.? Will your job be long hours which means you might want something close and won't mind commuting to entertainment, etc.? Roughly where in Greenville is your job (North of Greenville, South of Greenville, etc.)?
I'm will be back in Nashville after the job. So looking for a short term lease. I will be working long hours but I commute 35 plus minutes to work now. So that's not a big deal. I'd rather live closer to any entertainment if anything.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 PM

3,042 posts, read 8,349,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGNash View Post
thanks

I'm will be back in Nashville after the job. So looking for a short term lease. I will be working long hours but I commute 35 plus minutes to work now. So that's not a big deal. I'd rather live closer to any entertainment if anything.
Not a lot of short term leasing occurring as far as apartments go. Probably your best bet, if it is affordable for your conditions, is looking at an extended stay type hotel/motel. Also with this option you can move out easily and to another area if it suits you better after you get familiar with the area.

You can live in Rockwall and shoot up I30 to Greenville and that will place you closer to entertainment, etc. The I30 trip will be close to 30 minutes itself. Since you haven't said where in Greenville if it is on the North side you can easily add 15 minutes to that.

Not sure what your work schedule is suppose to be but if days then you might consider living beyond Rockwall if you want to be closer to Dallas. With dayshift you are going against the majority of traffic going and coming to work so it is a little easier.

Again depending on where in Greenville if it is the North side you might consider McKinney and coming across Hwy 380 into Greenville. Traffic during normal rush hour is heavier in the morning going East to West and there too you will be driving against it. McKinney has some activities but it is also a straight shot down 75 into the Northern Burbs and Dallas. There is a lot along 75 for entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas