U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM

8,937 posts, read 5,923,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
I am not putting words in your mouth. I am going by EXACTLY what you have said. You have said that I don't know the differende between southern food and soul food because I am white. You said I can't know as much about soul food as you because I am white.

Also, as much as you try to say Houston is a mecca for fried chicken, it isn't gonna make it true. I am sure there are some good, hole in the wall places that serve great chicken in a little obscure corner of the city, but that doesn't make Houston a chicken city. Didn't you live in Atlanta? Are you gonna say houston has better chicken than Atlanta too. But wait, I can't even have this conversation with you. I am the wrong color to know good chicken. My bad.
Here's the link that will clear everything up, since you seem to have forgotten:

Music Etiquette

I never said that your being white was the reason you couldn't tell the difference between soul food and regular southern food. There are plenty of white people who recognize that there's a difference, but evidently you aren't one of them.

Ethnic groups all over the world have foods that are associated with their culture. Soul food is the cuisine of black Americans, and whether you want to admit or not, that's MY culture and not yours. You may have grown up closely to it, but that doesn't make you just as knowledgeable about it as me. You've proven that already.

You are the one who first suggested that my being from Houston somehow makes me less of an expert on soul food, meaning that you fail to realize that this city's black and southern history goes almost as far back as Mississippi's. The Mexicans didn't come in and wipe away all of the culture that has been here for generations.

I clearly say in my above post that I never said Houston was one of the best cities for fried chicken. I'm the one who even started this discussion by saying that Dallas is said to have better FC. And chicken in Atlanta is cool, but nothing to write home about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Popeye's probably bought them out because those are the only two southern fried chicken places in Houston and Popeye's wanted the Monopoly.....just guessing tho.
There you go again with the lies. And Popeye's can hardly any longer be described as "southern fried chicken" anymore than KFC or Churchs can.

Htown, have you ever tried Potato Patch? They're supposed to have good fried chicken.

And who here is into Pollo Campero?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:52 PM

1,257 posts, read 1,280,134 times
Who cares? Fried Chicken is nasty and gives you diabeetus. KFC Original Recipe FTW.

When y'all decide which Texas city is the least southern be sure to let me know. I want to move there.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,152,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Who cares? Fried Chicken is nasty and gives you diabeetus. KFC Original Recipe FTW.

When y'all decide which Texas city is the least southern be sure to let me know. I want to move there.
El Paso

Old 05-01-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:

Food doesn't give you diabeetus, but poor eating habits do. And did you seriously just say that fried chicken was nasty and then praise Salty Fried Junk in the same sentence? Lol.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 PM

3,227 posts, read 2,463,210 times
Quote:

I want to like KFC so bad...but the last four times I had it ..it was horrible...Its turned into the fakest un-cooked, soggy battered pink meat nastiest chicken out there.....Its lost it....the looks of the chicken is a facade.....You think you are about to enjoy the closest thing to home fried chicken but when you bite into it...it bleeds.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Food doesn't give you diabeetus, but poor eating habits do. And did you seriously just say that fried chicken was nasty and then praise Salty Fried Junk in the same sentence? Lol.

If I'm going to get the diabeetus, at least I'll get it from something that tastes good -- like original recipe.

Oh, and the only fried chicken worth the calories is Babe's Chicken, conveniently located in Roanoke, Garland, Arlington, and other fine, DFW locations.

Quote:
I want to like KFC so bad...but the last four times I had it ..it was horrible...Its turned into the fakest un-cooked, soggy battered pink meat nastiest chicken out there.....Its lost it....the looks of the chicken is a facade.....You think you are about to enjoy the closest thing to home fried chicken but when you bite into it...it bleeds
I wouldn't know about the fried chicken. It's nasty. Try the original recipe. It's the only reason to go there.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
I want to like KFC so bad...but the last four times I had it ..it was horrible...Its turned into the fakest un-cooked, soggy battered pink meat nastiest chicken out there.....Its lost it....the looks of the chicken is a facade.....You think you are about to enjoy the closest thing to home fried chicken but when you bite into it...it bleeds.
Now, their hot wings are pretty good (for a major chain), I have to admit.
Quote:
I wouldn't know about the fried chicken. It's nasty. Try the original recipe. It's the only reason to go there.
The original recipe is fried.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The original recipe is fried.

It's not traditional fried chicken in the way that people think of fried chicken. That was my point.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
It's not traditional fried chicken in the way that people think of fried chicken.
You mean real food? Lol

All you have to do is take a regular piece of FC, put on way too much seasoning and MSG, add a bunch of moisture to make it soggy, and you'll have KFC's Original Recipe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas