Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 04:00 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,803,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
That may be your opinion but those lists are consistent. In N Out is always at or near the top.
You get good fresh food comparable at twice the price, can't be said about other fast food.
Well, to be fair to Newbe's point.... there are several current music "artists" that always top the charts, yet they can't sing worth a damn and their songs mean nothing.

Lists don't always mean as much as we make 'em out to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 05:15 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,936,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtall View Post
I grew up in CA, having an In-N-Out burger under the palm trees. I was spoiled having the best burger known to man at my fingertips.

Now I live in TX, and I was told that nothing compares to Whataburger.

HA! Whatajoke! The burgers I had there were pathetic compared to In-N-Out. The taste does not even compare. In-N-Out serves burgers, I must sadly admit that what Whataburger sells does not deserve to be called a burger.

You Texans have not truly lived until you have had an In-N-Out burger!

I am thankful that there is finally something redeeming about TX, and that is that you now have an In-N-Out burger!!!
You're entitled to your opinion, but I find those two to be an "either or" proposition. I grew up with Whataburgers and devoured in n out for some 15 years when I lived in so cal. I used to jones intensely for whataburgers when I came home to texas. Now I jones for in n out when i visit so cal. It would be wonderful to have both of them available to suit my tastes/moods. But I can't say honestly that one is better than the other. But either of them sure smokes the heck out of burger king, carls jr, mcdonalds.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,936,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Yes, even though it is ironic In N Out is one of the few Christian owned companies left in such an anti-Christian state it doesn't come as any surprise to me & here is the reason why...In N Out was a staple in California way before the wack jobs infiltrated the place. California was once a conservative state as surprising as that may seem to some people nowadays.

Oh & for the record, Whataburger is also a Christian owned company & it prides itself on that. In fact it is the one other thing they are known for besides their better than average fast food burgers & Texas roots.
I wonder if the cows that they slaughter to make the patties are also christian?

Old 05-27-2012, 05:32 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,700,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I wonder if the cows that they slaughter to make the patties are also christian?
No, they're mooslims.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:19 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,444,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
No, they're mooslims.
Best. Line. Ever.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 PM

795 posts, read 1,577,889 times

Taco Bell Prank Call - YouTube

Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,128,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
I've been to In-N-Out three times, and was not impressed. I prefer What A Burger, or better yet, Braum's for a fast food hamburger.
Close thread...no fast food chain touches a Braums burger

Old 05-27-2012, 11:54 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,803,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Close thread...no fast food chain touches a Braums burger
Nah, man.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:01 AM

120 posts, read 409,125 times
in and out is over rated. crappy . the fries are soggy too.

don't know why everyone thinks in and out is so good.

to me it's no different than say a whopper or big Mac.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:12 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,409,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtall View Post
I grew up in CA, having an In-N-Out burger under the palm trees. I was spoiled having the best burger known to man at my fingertips.

Now I live in TX, and I was told that nothing compares to Whataburger.

HA! Whatajoke! The burgers I had there were pathetic compared to In-N-Out. The taste does not even compare. In-N-Out serves burgers, I must sadly admit that what Whataburger sells does not deserve to be called a burger.

You Texans have not truly lived until you have had an In-N-Out burger!

I am thankful that there is finally something redeeming about TX, and that is that you now have an In-N-Out burger!!!
I could not wait to try In N Out when I moved here 2.5 years ago. It was the most pathetic tasting burger I have ever tasted. I don't get what you guys find so amazing about that skinny meat patty tasteless burger. I gave it a second try months later and could not finish it since it disgusted me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas