Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 11:45 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrollingStroller View Post
Burgers are good, period! There is no one burger that is 100 times better than any other normal burger. Burgers rock anywhere.

The best thing about in-n-out burger is that they have Glass/Window for walls on the drivethrough, and that there kitchen is viewable to people inside too.

So tthat way it makes it very hard for some jerk to spit or mess with your food.

Other companies should take note.

The problem with other chains is they dont train, manage, or pay their employees as well as In-N-Out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 11:59 AM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,012 times
Speaking of training, I have heard that In-N-Out is almost the Nordstrom of fast food (if that makes sense.) When they first came to Frisco, and if I remember correctly, the list for interviewees was outrageously long...In-N-Out gives great benefits to its employees from what I've heard.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 PM

692 posts, read 855,382 times
Great benefits. Textureless overrated burgers, though.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:20 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,968,624 times
When I moved to Texas six years ago, a What-a-burger was 2.99. It still is. How many restaurants can say that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrollingStroller View Post

So tthat way it makes it very hard for some jerk to spit or mess with your food.
When you get your burger and it has been spit or messed with, just hand it back and sai "I want one that has not been spit in or messed with".

If you can't tell if it has been spit in or messed with, why do you care?

Be nice to the counter girl, and she won't send back the code "Hey, spit in or mess with this jerk's burger". Of all the things you are going to do tomorrow, the easiest to do is to be nice to someone. No spit in your burger.

Last edited by jtur88; 10-21-2013 at 09:29 PM..

Old 10-24-2013, 03:38 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Well, I just had Whataburger for the first time...it was okay but I'd rather have In-N-Out or Jack in the Box.
The Whataburger was more expensive than In-N-Out, but was also larger. The thing that turned me off a bit though was that it felt doughey and heavy.

Taste-wise it was okay.
Customer service was polite but slow...I was number six at the drive through and it took over ten minutes to get my burger.

I've been in the INO line that long before but was 12-13 cars back.
INO employees are beyond polite...they are down right Disney cheerful! I would not be surprised if they broke out in song suddenly and had birds and critters dancing around them...

Old 11-01-2013, 02:06 AM

7,540 posts, read 11,573,598 times
Five Guys overrated they are a ripoff

Whataburger is really good I love the Pattymelt

Best overall are the whole in the wall mom and pop burger joints

Here in Houston in the Meyerland Bellaire are there are 5 great burger joints that are better than any fast food burger place

Old 11-01-2013, 03:41 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
Well, I just had Whataburger for the first time...it was okay but I'd rather have In-N-Out or Jack in the Box.
The Whataburger was more expensive than In-N-Out, but was also larger. The thing that turned me off a bit though was that it felt doughey and heavy.

Taste-wise it was okay.
Customer service was polite but slow...I was number six at the drive through and it took over ten minutes to get my burger.

I've been in the INO line that long before but was 12-13 cars back.
INO employees are beyond polite...they are down right Disney cheerful! I would not be surprised if they broke out in song suddenly and had birds and critters dancing around them...
LOL, if you think Jack in the Box is better than Whataburger ,then there's no way you have good taste in burgers. Sorry, but after having In-N-Out for a couple of years, its just not that good. Its fresh, its pretty fast. Great. But it simply does not taste as good as Whataburger. And I don't know what Whataburger you ate at, but every one i've been to pampers the hell out of their burgers. Everything is fresh, its right off the grill and the buns are perfectly toasted.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:39 AM

281 posts, read 472,966 times
Anyone who thinks whataburger is better than ino is either bias or needs to have their taste buds examined

Old 11-01-2013, 07:48 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,078 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks whataburger is better than ino is either bias or needs to have their taste buds examined

Quote:
When I moved to Texas six years ago, a What-a-burger was 2.99. It still is. How many restaurants can say that?
In-N-Out is $2.30

Old 03-17-2014, 09:32 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,845 times
Finally tried In-N-Out at the Round Rock location over the weekend. While it was a decent enough burger, I can honestly say I don't see what all the hype is about. Sure, the many California transplants will be excited that a business from their home state is now available locally, but the food just doesn't live up to the accolades. Had a Double Double animal style and fries. The sauce was tasty, as were the grilled onions. The fries were bland, and droopy. While it is admirable that they cut their fries fresh, the finished product is flavorless and lacks the classic fry texture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas