Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 11:00 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown2013 View Post
In-N-Out Burger is good - why do they continue to snub Houston. That is a huge market of CA transplants and growing.

They will for sure, theyre moving south. If they have 20 stores in DFW already, they know they can do the same in Houston. And its well within their daily driving range for fresh meat delivery from Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 06:29 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Whataburger Rightly Named Best Burger In America

How do we know? Because Whataburger was named the best burger in America in a bracket-style poll issued by Fast Company.

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archi...ger-in-america

Link to original source:
The Best Burger In America | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

Old 08-27-2015, 03:20 PM

^^yep, I referenced that prior to posting the surveys and articles I did. I support Whata beating 5guys, but no way agains In-N-Out

Old 08-28-2015, 05:45 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^yep, I referenced that prior to posting the surveys and articles I did. I support Whata beating 5guys, but no way agains In-N-Out
That's why opinions are great things, and America is a great place. To each, their own. Both places are quite similar, use fresh, never frozen beef, fresh local produce, and make a tasty burger. For Whataburger, I love the Patty Melt. I can only eat it one half at a time, it's a whole lot of burger. For In-n-Out, I like the Double Double Animal Style. The patties cooked in mustard and addition of grilled onions is delicious. The drawback for me are the fries at In-n-Out. I've ordered them well done per the not so secret menu, and they were still on the soggy side.

Chain burgers are what they are. It's no secret the best burgers are always local joints. Places like Big Chew Chew Burger in Temple, TX, the Alamo Springs Cafe near the Old Number 9 bat tunnel outside Fredericksburg, Koffee Kup Family Restaurant in Hico, and to show some love to my roots, the Original Koral Hamburg, River Road, Maumee, OH. (Yes, they actually called them hamburgs....goofy, old school NW Ohio thing) Finally hit Alamo Springs a few weeks ago on the annual quest for Jersey Queen peaches to make peach jam. Wow....... The burgers are amazing, and they are huge! They could make a killing leasing hammock space under the trees outside for patrons.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
I think many of you aren't ordering animal style or are unfamiliar with the different varieties or the "secret" menu. A regular in and out burger is pretty plain and generic. Fat burger us better.

Whataburger is hit or miss. Beck's Prime has better burgers. I would only eat a what a burger with a strawberry malt.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
That's why opinions are great things, and America is a great place. To each, their own. Both places are quite similar, use fresh, never frozen beef, fresh local produce, and make a tasty burger. For Whataburger, I love the Patty Melt. I can only eat it one half at a time, it's a whole lot of burger. For In-n-Out, I like the Double Double Animal Style. The patties cooked in mustard and addition of grilled onions is delicious. The drawback for me are the fries at In-n-Out. I've ordered them well done per the not so secret menu, and they were still on the soggy side.

Chain burgers are what they are. It's no secret the best burgers are always local joints. Places like Big Chew Chew Burger in Temple, TX, the Alamo Springs Cafe near the Old Number 9 bat tunnel outside Fredericksburg, Koffee Kup Family Restaurant in Hico, and to show some love to my roots, the Original Koral Hamburg, River Road, Maumee, OH. (Yes, they actually called them hamburgs....goofy, old school NW Ohio thing) Finally hit Alamo Springs a few weeks ago on the annual quest for Jersey Queen peaches to make peach jam. Wow....... The burgers are amazing, and they are huge! They could make a killing leasing hammock space under the trees outside for patrons.

True. My fav at Whataburger is the bacon/avacodo burger. At InNOut I actually order the fries 'light', for me its more like a home made fry like that, but im not a big fast food fry guy (meaning frozen fried). I love natural fries like the ones at Railhead BBQ in Ft Worth. I actually think the best burger I had in Ft Worth was at Pappas Burger.
In N Out just is a great combo of quality, taste, service, consistency. Also you have to admit their shakes completely dominate. Whataburgers are terrible in comparison.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:28 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,132,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I think many of you aren't ordering animal style or are unfamiliar with the different varieties or the "secret" menu. A regular in and out burger is pretty plain and generic. Fat burger us better.

Whataburger is hit or miss. Beck's Prime has better burgers. I would only eat a what a burger with a strawberry malt.
I hated Whataburger when I lived in Texas. I put in on par in quality with Dairy Queen. I don't find their vegetables to be fresh or of good quality. The lettuce and onions both seem bagged, the tomatoes are always limp and lifeless and the fries seem frozen, too, though I don't know if they are or not. The cheese is plasticky and the bun is too sweet, greasy and dense. Any benefit of the freshness of the beef is lost in that mess. That said, I'm hardly an expert. I get a fast food burger only 3-4 times a year.

In-n-Out is fresh and good. I'm not into Animal-Style at all, though, because I don't like the spread. I like a Double-Double mustard grilled, with grilled onions and ketchup and mustard (essentially Animal Style with no spread) with fries well done.

Agreed that Fatburger is better, but that's more expensive and is a step above low-end fast-food.

Last edited by dalparadise; 08-28-2015 at 08:38 PM..

Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,931,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post

What is "Animal Style", what is a "Fat Burger", if the menu is "secret" how the f' am I supposed to know whats on it?

Old 09-01-2015, 02:08 AM

657 posts, read 739,660 times
Why the hell would a secret menu be better? How are we supposed to know about that?

Old 09-01-2015, 06:35 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
ugh, i'm a san diegan and think in n out sucks...whataburger is so much better..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas