Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 12:27 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Maybe in your neck of the woods not mine.

Whataburgers are franchised you know.
Whataburger is not the only one. Church's chicken used to be much better than today too, and many other franchises. What has happened is that the fast food places don't have to try anymore because nobody cooks at home these days. They've become smug and complacent. The quality of their product is not what it used to be. Not even close. Young people that eat a fast food item today don't know what it was like 30 years ago and don't know the difference. They accept it as the way it's supposed to be.
Texas BBQ (the franchise) for example, used to be great, now it's basicaly inedible (by traditional Texas standards).

Last edited by Bideshi; 05-25-2012 at 12:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtall View Post
It seems that Texans have convinced themselves that Whataburger is a good burger. But from an outsider, I can tell you that you have been deceived. It is a mediocre burger, kind of like Burger King or McDs.

I suppose you can believe whatever you want to believe, even if all reason stands against it.
As an outsider, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:35 AM

890 posts, read 1,849,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
It's not even cool anymore to do a Facebook check in at In N Out.
When was it cool to do a Facebook check in anywhere?

Old 05-25-2012, 08:00 AM

663 posts, read 1,724,812 times
I'm also a little perplexed by the mediocre mega-chain vs. mediocre mega-chain debate. I was born in Dallas but spent most of my life in Atlanta without either chain so I really don't have any emotional attachment to either. Personally, I think both are a little expensive for what they are. If I'm going to eat crap, it's going to be cheap crap. I usually just get a burger, small fries, and a water. Places like Wendys and Burger King can do that for $3. At Whataburger or In and Out, it's closer to $5. I'll stick with the $3. The $5 option is better food, but it's not that much better. If I'm in the mood to pay for quality, it'll be higher quality than a fast food joint.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,846 times
In-N-Out has the worst fries ever, so why bother to go there for just a meh burger?

I have now tried them three times from three different locations and all three times the fries were like cardboard. Yecchh!

Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 AM

7,890 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
I'm also a little perplexed by the mediocre mega-chain vs. mediocre mega-chain debate. I was born in Dallas but spent most of my life in Atlanta without either chain so I really don't have any emotional attachment to either. Personally, I think both are a little expensive for what they are. If I'm going to eat crap, it's going to be cheap crap. I usually just get a burger, small fries, and a water. Places like Wendys and Burger King can do that for $3. At Whataburger or In and Out, it's closer to $5. I'll stick with the $3. The $5 option is better food, but it's not that much better. If I'm in the mood to pay for quality, it'll be higher quality than a fast food joint.
I agree with your point but the In N Out burger in Irving, for $5 you get a burger, fries and a soft drink. Without a soft drink its probably under $4. I believe its a deal at $3.50-4.00 for this combo. Its a good cheap burger not a good burger place.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 AM

714 posts, read 2,933,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtall View Post
I grew up in CA, having an In-N-Out burger under the palm trees. I was spoiled having the best burger known to man at my fingertips.

Now I live in TX, and I was told that nothing compares to Whataburger.

HA! Whatajoke! The burgers I had there were pathetic compared to In-N-Out. The taste does not even compare. In-N-Out serves burgers, I must sadly admit that what Whataburger sells does not deserve to be called a burger.

You Texans have not truly lived until you have had an In-N-Out burger!

I am thankful that there is finally something redeeming about TX, and that is that you now have an In-N-Out burger!!!
I've been to In-N-Out three times, and was not impressed. I prefer What A Burger, or better yet, Braum's for a fast food hamburger.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboybootnut View Post
I've been to In-N-Out three times, and was not impressed. I prefer What A Burger, or better yet, Braum's for a fast food hamburger.
Sonic has some pretty awesome burgers too.

In N Out is highly over rated.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:26 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Can't get any of that at In and Out. All you get is the same generic burger loaded with Jack-n-the box/McDonald's secret sauce.
Aka thousand island salad dressing.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 PM

899 posts, read 2,288,170 times
I have had an In-n-Out burger once. It was very good for a fast food hamburger. But it tasted very similar to the new Wendys Hot-n-Juicy burgers. I guess Wendy's was probably going for that same quality/taste when they introduced them not that long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas