Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
SOUTH Longview skewers the crime rate for the entire city. Stay out of the ghetto side of town (which is very easy to do) and you'll be fine. There's nothing there that should interest anyone who actually has a job and isn't a criminal anyway.
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement but it's expected of those who reside north of highway 80 that are of lighter complexion then minority. And btw I grew up on Noel Drive in between MLK and Mobberly and 12th st. The heart of the area you call the ghetto. And actually it was some lovely houses on my block. Also both my mother and father(who are still married and never been on food stamps or had criminal records)had jobs. It's plenty of hard working families and thriving community that frankly give Longview alot of it's characters. Yes it is some crime for such a small areas but that's my home and it's not some warzone neither is it full of ignorant. I mean it's such a horrible area but I remember quite some times I would see white rich men and women from the north side and precious wildwood too that would buy drugs in those areas and pick up transexual hookers. Yes, you look down on the people but there drugs are ok huh? And basically your saying blacks and hispanics(cuz that's the bulk of longviews southside population) are criminals. Yes thats that deep south way of thinking you so much adore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement but it's expected of those who reside north of highway 80 that are of lighter complexion then minority. And btw I grew up on Noel Drive in between MLK and Mobberly and 12th st. The heart of the area you call the ghetto. And actually it was some lovely houses on my block. Also both my mother and father(who are still married and never been on food stamps or had criminal records)had jobs. It's plenty of hard working families and thriving community that frankly give Longview alot of it's characters. Yes it is some crime for such a small areas but that's my home and it's not some warzone neither is it full of ignorant. I mean it's such a horrible area but I remember quite some times I would see white rich men and women from the north side and precious wildwood too that would buy drugs in those areas and pick up transexual hookers. Yes, you look down on the people but there drugs are ok huh? And basically your saying blacks and hispanics(cuz that's the bulk of longviews southside population) are criminals. Yes thats that deep south way of thinking you so much adore.
LOL you're funny. In one breath you talk about how lovely some of the houses are in that area (and yes, there are some lovely homes there) and then you yourself say it's a horrible area and start talking about drugs and transsexual hookers and how people drive from other areas TO south Longview to get those things.

Thanks for proving my point so well.

And I said NOTHING about race - that's YOUR interpretation.

And by the way, I don't live in Longview, and I don't live "north of Highway 80" either. And never have.

And half my family are "minorities" including my own kids, so don't try to play the race card with me. It won't fly.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 PM

61 posts, read 117,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Wow that's a pretty ignorant statement but it's expected of those who reside north of highway 80 that are of lighter complexion then minority.
This is my favorite part of your post - where you accuse Katherine of making an ignorant statement, and then proceed to make one yourself in generalizing non-minority residents north of Highway 80 as ignorant.

Pot meet kettle.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:13 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL you're funny. In one breath you talk about how lovely some of the houses are in that area (and yes, there are some lovely homes there) and then you yourself say it's a horrible area and start talking about drugs and transsexual hookers and how people drive from other areas TO south Longview to get those things.

Thanks for proving my point so well.

And I said NOTHING about race - that's YOUR interpretation.

And by the way, I don't live in Longview, and I don't live "north of Highway 80" either. And never have.

And half my family are "minorities" including my own kids, so don't try to play the race card with me. It won't fly.
Very hard at comprehending I see,but when I call you out on your backwards statement instead of admitting you were wrong you just flip it on me and generalize my statement. First of all do you know how big southside of Longview is? Your not from here but you can generalize an entire area. Yes it is some areas with drugs,hookers n what have you. But just like I stated it is good and some bad. DUH!! You generalized the whole area as no place of interest and ppl w/ no jobs and criminals. Majority of the people on the south are hard working ppl. Families, some affluent areas even. You might not have workers or drug dealers out on the streets of north Houston. But you have drug users and dealers in doors in pretty neighborhoods.

So what point did you prove? You generalize plain and simple. Im giving you the good and bad. You painted it as all bad.
And you didn't have to say race. The majority of blacks and hispanics in Longview stay on the side of town. Who else could you be speaking of?

You don't live in Longview, that's obvious by that idiotic statement.

And you have kids of color. That's even more sad that you generalize ppl of color and you have some in your family. But plenty of ppl in interracial relationships do this on both sides of the coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tExPatriot View Post
This is my favorite part of your post - where you accuse Katherine of making an ignorant statement, and then proceed to make one yourself in generalizing non-minority residents north of Highway 80 as ignorant.

Pot meet kettle.
I probably should have included alot or some. But it's more like alot of white residents north of hwy 80 have this mentality. I grew up in Longview most of my life. Know the ins and outs. Nothing new you can tell me. With that said continue your crusade in cheerleading on the sidelines my friend. Grip those pom pomx good.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:48 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,083,379 times
No comparision between Lufkin and Tyler. Not enough time for me to list the differences. Nacogdoches would be a much better selection than Lufkin. But Tyler we many more options is much better.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:13 AM

23 posts, read 44,035 times
Definitely visit and consider SFA for it's forestry program is excellent and you are in the heart of forest country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: