Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 06:47 PM

44 posts, read 80,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileDave View Post
I know I said I wouldn't post again but this is kind of addicting like that game Whac-A-Mole, ever heard of it? Whenever you put one homer down another pops up.

You lost all credibility with me when you said you have lived in Houston and have never even posted in that forum. Only Dallas and Texas. You have NEVER lived in Houston.

You also said that DFW has a better restaurant scene than Houston which is an out right fabrication because Houston's is the only one who has ever been ranked nationally.

And yes, it is VERY possible that Ft. Worth can pass up Dallas because Dallas the city is just crawling along and letting its suburbs prop it up. Ft. Worth has like a 7% office vacancy rate and Dallas' is way up in the 20's.
WTF when did I say that DFW had better restaurant scene??? I will say it though. To be honest it seems as if your mad that I do live in Houston. To say that I don't come meet me at my house sometime I live at 9757 Pine Lake Drive Houston, TX 77055, we can meet where I reside. Will that show you that I live in Houston? Your wrong DFW is always rank nationally "most restaurants per capita" Gosh I love Houston as well just pointing out that Dallas is good too. For that thought you can go ahead and post your last post here.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:56 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,534,750 times
You should really take your address down. Not necessary and not a good idea.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 PM

44 posts, read 80,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
You should really take your address down. Not necessary and not a good idea.
im no punk though he can meet me if he wants

Old 06-12-2012, 07:02 PM

457 posts, read 904,628 times
Quote:
Thanks.

So the traditional downtown and the CBD is still inside the loop. It's funny how Wikipedia describe "an explosion of growth" for the reason Downtown Dallas Inc. decided to "expand the term of Downtown" to include more areas. I guess 0.8% is an explosion of growth...

I think it's funny how savanite was arguing with me like it has always been this way. So, yes, my point is still extremely valid. The "traditional" downtown up until last year was trumped by Houston's Texas Medical Center. Just wanted to make sure you heard me correctly. Maybe Houston will "expand the term of downtown" to include Uptown and the TMC.
Everyone knows what you are saying, but until you back up your absurd assertion that the TMC is bigger than downtown Dallas by any significant measure (let's say, total square feet of the buildings...all of them) with linked facts, then your statement is less than credible.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:41 PM

563 posts, read 910,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
You're making some pretty big leaps there. What Dallas is claiming to be now part of downtown are building booms that have spilled over the small freeway loop into immediately adjacent areas. All of these neighborhoods actually butt up against each other. Uptown and TMC are not right next to downtown Houston, so that'd be quite a leap for Houston to consider them downtown unless everything inbetween was completely developed and filled in.
All I was saying was that the area collection of densely packed buildings in the TMC is larger than Dalas inside the loop. I never said in office space or anything because that would be absurd. I swear to everyone on this thread the TMC website used to claim this (I guess until last year) but is no longer on their website. You can still find it on Wiki although the link sends you to the place where it used to be on the TMC website.

I'm not trying to be an azz or anything and wouldn't state that unless I'd seen it somewhere.

The whole thing about Houston claming Uptown or TMC I was trying to make a point. I know these areas are a good distance from downtown and is going to take sometime for them to get dense in between.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:03 PM

392 posts, read 633,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You guys literally have stops out in the middle of open fields that have been that way ever since Dallas & Irving were farming towns.

When is this "growth" supposed to happen? Las Colinas's CBD is a shell of its former self & I don't think re-doing 114 will help spur much growth along there any time in the near furture. Is DART still going to connect with that abandoned commuter train in Las Colinas?
Las Colinas? Do you mean the Las Colinas on another planet?

You're making this up, right? Or is the devil telling you to do this?

The "empty fields" part is especially bizarre.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:10 PM

563 posts, read 910,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savanite View Post
MobileDave, it is in your best interests to have an accurate view of Dallas. Here in Texas we have four major metros reasonably close to one another, all to increase our range of urban options.

Nobody can find everything in just one city alone.
I want to say that your are correct with your posts. The intelligent think to do would have been to look at the demographic to get a more accurate picture behind the numbers. I will aslo admit that the changing landscape in Downtown Dallas also explains a lot of the high vancay rates they are experiening. I am not above admitting when I am wrong.

Even though the cities have a different transportation plans I still fell Metro will eventually pass Dart in ridership. A big reason I think this is because some of the areas it is planned to go through this will be a lot of peoples only mode of transportation.

I don't want anybody to get a twisted picture that I have it out for Dallas or something because I love all of my Texas cities. I'm one of the ones that would rather live in Anywhere, TX as opposed any other place in the country. Sure the weather is a bi*** but the cost of admission in Texas.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:13 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,447,646 times
Well....... Im still baffled at the list that H-Town posted listing Uptown Houston,TMC and Las Ciolinas as being larger than downtown Dallas. I wonder why houstonians who know this is not right just sit there and act like its true..........This is the kind of stuff that really gets under my skin......And am I the only one who noticed the link he provided shows nothing of the sort....Why must people go this far to put Dallas down...what are yall getting from it.....just curious.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 PM

392 posts, read 633,593 times
Quote:
All I was saying was that the area collection of densely packed buildings in the TMC is larger than Dalas inside the loop.
I would wonder why you believe this is of any significance. After all, there are also many things in DFW that take up more square footage than the space in the loop.

Would you honestly recommend the TMC as a visitor attraction to Houston? I could think of many places that are better, such as the Menil museum, even if it takes less space than the TMC.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippybarber View Post
WTF when did I say that DFW had better restaurant scene??? I will say it though. To be honest it seems as if your mad that I do live in Houston. To say that I don't come meet me at my house sometime I live at 9757 Pine Lake Drive Houston, TX 77055, we can meet where I reside. Will that show you that I live in Houston? Your wrong DFW is always rank nationally "most restaurants per capita" Gosh I love Houston as well just pointing out that Dallas is good too. For that thought you can go ahead and post your last post here.
I'm gonna have some fun with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas