U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2012, 02:48 PM

12,920 posts, read 14,381,618 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any restaurant that serves hamburgers with a slice of ham in the Texas area?

I had one once in Colorado years ago and it was great. I can't remember where it was, though. And none of my family even remembers it.

The closest thing are some bacon cheeseburgers, but it's not quite the same. A cheeseburger with ham is a real MEAL and a great combination.

I have tried making them myself, or adding them to other burgers, but the results have not been that great. I'm sure there are people who could do a better job.

Thanks for any info or suggestions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 07:24 PM

2,770 posts, read 4,929,863 times
Hmm, never heard of ham on a burger before, but there's the bacon like you say, so why not. Someone else might have had this combination before at a burger place and be able to help you out on that.

In the meantime however, I'm thinking that maybe if you got the deli to slice your favorite ham (although I don't think a sweet ham would be as good on this as say a smoked or black forest style) into a little thicker sandwich cut and brown it up somewhat on the same griddle as you're cooking your homemade patty (using a good grade of beef, but not so lean that it comes out dry) on (stove top style griddle). Melt your cheese on your patty (Swiss might work good on this as well as pepper jack or American)and then top it with the ham slice. Better yet, top the burger with American or pepper jack, etc. and after adding the ham slice on, top with the Swiss.

Butter your buns and brown them on the same griddle and then top it all with your favorite fixings. I don't know how any commercial place could make it any better than this.

Dang, I'm making myself hungry.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 PM

4,035 posts, read 9,772,157 times
Not in TX, but if you ever make it north to Oklahoma City or Tulsa, there's a chain here called Ron's Hamburgers and Chii, and they serve burgers with ham.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 PM

5 posts, read 6,933 times
Yes! In Monahans, Tx! Super burger on sealy ave. I travel the entire country for work and this small west Texas drive inn has one of the best burgers iv ever had! Everytime I pass though I have to stop and get me a ham cheese burger!

Old 07-28-2012, 11:54 PM

398 posts, read 1,302,649 times
A lot of mexican burger stands will offer a burger with a slice of ham.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:55 PM

9,424 posts, read 11,830,542 times
I saw this somewhere in Dallas recently and I'm driving myself crazy trying to think of where it was. I want to say it was at Reggio Chicken (a franchise from Mexico).

Old 07-29-2012, 02:33 PM

350 posts, read 791,159 times
Burguesa Burger's La Monumental includes ham. You can also add it to any of their other burgers for 50 cents.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:33 PM

8,931 posts, read 12,670,019 times
Fry an egg, throw it on there, and wash it all down with some Coke. Now you're on to something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: