Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:47 PM

385 posts, read 967,711 times

Advertisements

East Texas females are easy. they liked me because I was different from all the guys they are used to. If you can't hook up in East Texas then consider priesthood, or offering meth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 08:33 AM
rwr

268 posts, read 611,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Rule number 1 of living in Texas: NEVER live E. of Houston or Dallas. Period.
Or in Austin are the surrounding area!

Old 09-23-2013, 04:21 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,701,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwr View Post
Or in Austin are the surrounding area!
Austin, houston and san antonio are 10x better than east texas.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,478 times
Default Your not alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan99 View Post
So I had to move back here since a close relative passed away last year and it's been hell on wheels ever since. I decided to right this for several reasons 1. to vent 2. to warn people. So here it goes.

First of all, I know it may seem like stereo types but this is just the way the area is and if you are not like the natives here then you are considered "weird"

I am not into hunting, fishing, camo, shooting deer, trucks, mudding or misusing the English language. I cannot stand these things and I think that they are a incredible waste of time. The only things that I could actually see being useful would be hunting and fishing and that would be used to teach someone in case of a zombie apocalypse or something. The rest is pointless.

I have been stereotyped for not liking these things and I have been told more than once that something is wrong with me. Oh and by the way stereotypes are alive and kicking here. If you are hispanic and don't talk like someone from just across the border, then you are considered weird there too. I have actually had women turn me down for dates just because I did not talk a certain way. I also pronounce all of my words and articulate my words carefully.

One of my main reasons for writing this is because of dating. Just don't date here..period. Women here are average at best, but they apparently don't know that. In fact, even the fattest, ugliest woman will demand the most from you. A guy has to be good looking, athletic(think muscles) drive a nice car, have a HOUSE(not an apt) and the list goes on ..and this is for one of the ugly ones..you can imagine what the pretty ones want. Women are also pretty hostile and aggresive. No matter what you do, you will always be treated as if you owe them something even though you don't.

I am pretty much decided that as long as I live in this Moderator cut: language that I will be single forever, in fact, I probably won't be able to have kids just because I can't find a woman this nice and intelligent and can conversate well. I can't move because I now have a medical condition and my job is here and I am "locked in" While I am screwed, I am hoping that I just save one person's life by convincing them not to move here then I have done my job.

I agree 100%. The culture here is very backwards and redneck. If you speak English and are intelligent you are going to have a very hard time making friends and meeting people in Beaumont. Im originally from this area and was forced to move back. Very Ignorant and judgmental people. Trying very hard to move to Houston. Don't judge Texas based on Beaumont. There are some really great places in this state but Beaumont is not one of them.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persmadison View Post
I agree 100%. The culture here is very backwards and redneck. If you speak English and are intelligent you are going to have a very hard time making friends and meeting people in Beaumont. Im originally from this area and was forced to move back. Very Ignorant and judgmental people. Trying very hard to move to Houston. Don't judge Texas based on Beaumont. There are some really great places in this state but Beaumont is not one of them.
Two simple questions (see above bolded)?

1. How were you "forced" to move "back (there)??? This one is particularly of importance because it seems to involve a common-denominator on posts like this

2. Jugemental? LOL Sounds like the truly hateful one is you! Which perhaps really indicates why you never made any friends at all (assuming you ever really lived there...)???

Old 10-08-2017, 08:33 AM

343 posts, read 306,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Funny that my rule is the exact opposite. I couldn't see myself living anywhere west of Houston and Dallas. Period.
My rule is to never live anywhere south or west of Austin.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM

202 posts, read 352,349 times
It's funny, people talk about how some of the rednecks from that area are judge mental and backwards, but my experience living in Austin has been exactly the opposite! The big city folk have harshly judged me. They have assumed since I'm from a small town and its a place where everyone hunts, fishes, etc, that I'm a huge, uneducated hillbilly. My husband was raised on a farm and people have said horribly stereotypical things to him that were just plain mean. Funny how everyone has different experiences I guess. I feel bad for those who don't know or care to learn how to hunt or fish and how to survive though and just want to make fun or it or call us animals But all in all, there are rude people everywhere honestly.

Old 10-09-2017, 01:07 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,428,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingan99 View Post
I am pretty much decided that as long as I live in this Moderator cut: language that I will be single forever, in fact, I probably won't be able to have kids just because I can't find a woman this nice and intelligent and can conversate well.
So you trash the locals about misusing English, then use the non-existent word "conversate." Uh huh.

It's "converse."

Look in the mirror, then decide if you want to continue being a nattering nabob of negativism or a normal person. Then and only then will you obtain friends and possible romance (if that's actually what you seek, rather than a string of one-times).

Old 10-09-2017, 02:47 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,080,951 times
Yeah, I looked up the word "conversate" when I HEARD that on TV news, for the first time about 6 months ago. Whatever I found, not going to look it up now, "it" stated that "conversate" was acceptable. OH me, just like when OBAMA and his loyal followers made "passed" the NEW national PC word for "passed on" "passed away". Obama, wanted ALL to know, especially those or that "special" voting group, to absolutely KNOW he was ONE OF THEM, by using "passed" which dates back maybe a hundred years, being used by the minority he claims to be one "of" who lived "back" in the day in the DEEP SOUTH.

Believe me Obama, never used "passed" until he ran for president, this word would NOT have been used in HIS circles. Now most of PC correct America uses "passed", without even knowing this background on the word. off topic I know, but probably conversate was started in a similar fashion. Oh well. Oh, forgive me, I did VOTE time out FOR Obama, I'm NOT racist, so save you "fire power" resonses for someone who IS racist. Thanks

Old 10-09-2017, 05:48 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,783,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Yeah, I looked up the word "conversate" when I HEARD that on TV news, for the first time about 6 months ago. Whatever I found, not going to look it up now, "it" stated that "conversate" was acceptable. OH me, just like when OBAMA and his loyal followers made "passed" the NEW national PC word for "passed on" "passed away". Obama, wanted ALL to know, especially those or that "special" voting group, to absolutely KNOW he was ONE OF THEM, by using "passed" which dates back maybe a hundred years, being used by the minority he claims to be one "of" who lived "back" in the day in the DEEP SOUTH.

Believe me Obama, never used "passed" until he ran for president, this word would NOT have been used in HIS circles. Now most of PC correct America uses "passed", without even knowing this background on the word. off topic I know, but probably conversate was started in a similar fashion. Oh well. Oh, forgive me, I did VOTE time out FOR Obama, I'm NOT racist, so save you "fire power" resonses for someone who IS racist. Thanks
I'm a Black person from the Deep South who has heard passed/on/away all being used interchangeably my entire life, and your post is the first time I've ever read that one or the other is typically associated with our dialect.

Also, I saw nothing in your comments that would suggest you are a racist; just ill-informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas