Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 12:41 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times

Advertisements

Well then stop knocking cities that are far ahead of Tyler...which doesn't even belong on this thread. Your posts are becoming a nuisance.

Old 09-20-2013, 12:41 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Forbes ranks this BFE #77 of best places for small business beating out Sherman (part of D/FW) & Odessa.

Tyler, TX - Forbes

Wow, you really are a small version of Dallas/Houston! Looks like you're also almost as good as College Station, Amarillo, Abilene, Longview, San Angelo, Waco, Midland, and Texarkana in your poll. But congrats on being a little better than Sherman!

Honestly, I like Tyler. I'm messing with you. But people wouldn't give you crap about it if you didn't constantly post blatant falsehoods and flat out lies about Dallas and DFW trying to stir the hornets nest.

Old 09-20-2013, 01:06 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayStokes View Post
Wow, you really are a small version of Dallas/Houston! Looks like you're also almost as good as College Station, Amarillo, Abilene, Longview, San Angelo, Waco, Midland, and Texarkana in your poll. But congrats on being a little better than Sherman!

Honestly, I like Tyler. I'm messing with you. But people wouldn't give you crap about it if you didn't constantly post blatant falsehoods and flat out lies about Dallas and DFW trying to stir the hornets nest.
You act like Dallas is some foreign land from here when in reality its less than an hour & a half away. I've lived in both Dallas & Houston enough years & visited enough times in the past 30+ years to be able to make an informed opinion on both places.

As a matter of fact I'm probably going to the DM concert tonight if the rain ever lets up.

Old 09-20-2013, 03:46 PM

229 posts, read 305,036 times
Quote:
You act like Dallas is some foreign land from here when in reality its less than an hour & a half away. I've lived in both Dallas & Houston enough years & visited enough times in the past 30+ years to be able to make an informed opinion on both places.

As a matter of fact I'm probably going to the DM concert tonight if the rain ever lets up.
I thought you just said a few posts earlier:

"The days of driving 90 miles to Dallas for shopping & entertainment are over with."

Apparently you meant over with..... after the DM concert.

I bet you DM is going to also appear in Houston, probably a much better show there, in a much better facility, and no folks there to irk you. You might consider driving the extra miles since it will be such a better experience for you.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:42 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,994,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarn View Post
I thought you just said a few posts earlier:

"The days of driving 90 miles to Dallas for shopping & entertainment are over with."

Apparently you meant over with..... after the DM concert.

I bet you DM is going to also appear in Houston, probably a much better show there, in a much better facility, and no folks there to irk you. You might consider driving the extra miles since it will be such a better experience for you.
A little late bro...DM was in Houston, Cynthia Woods Pavilion in The Woodlands 2 nights ago & yes, the venue was 1,000 times better than the old jalopy that is Dallas' Gexa Energy Pavilion in Fair Park

This

Vs this space ship of a venue

Last edited by Metro Matt; 09-20-2013 at 09:59 PM..

Old 09-20-2013, 10:18 PM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Nice selective use of pics. An empty outdoor arena that looks desolate in the day versus two night time pics with lights and thousands of people attending a show.

This is what we're talking about when people say you're full of ****. Your shiny new Cynthia Woods Pavilion is basically just a newer model of Gexa Energy, same exact setup. And if you used the same standards as you do for other things like sports arenas, you would be complaining that Cynthia Woods is way out in the middle of suburbia, not even in Houston, while Dallas's outdoor venue is more convenient and reigns supreme because it's right in the heart of the city in historic Fair Park. But, then again, you're full of it and move the goal posts for whatever makes Houston look superior.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:15 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Stop now matt....not enuff gas in your van...lol

Old 09-23-2013, 08:35 PM

298 posts, read 416,728 times
Quote:
Studio Movie Grill, Cost Plus World Market, Shenanigans, Kirklands, TJ Maxx, Jo Ann, as well as a new city convention center.

We just got a stand alone New Balance store too which I thought was pretty cool.

Sure its not Uptown Dallas or even Frisco, but its great news for East Texas none the less.

The days of driving 90 miles to Dallas for shopping & entertainment are over with.
What's sad is those things are in the "sterile and generic" suburbs you describe.

Old 09-24-2013, 01:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,545 times
The "Honeymoon phase" will be over in Houston too.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 AM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
DFW takes back the World's Biggest HD Video Display title...

Houston's Reliant Stadium's display is 14,549 square feet, while AT&T Stadium's HD twin displays once held the world title at 11,393 square feet. The TMS' display will be a jaw-dropping 20,633 square feet of crystal-clear HD enjoyment.

I don't enjoy Nascar personally, but I love seeing TMS upgrading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas