Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 08:52 AM

39 posts, read 218,053 times

Advertisements

Skeeter47 -

Thanks for posting a response to my question. Before visiting Eagle's Bluff, we had researched prices of resales and lots available so we were aware of the pricing. We were surprised, though, at how few houses there are in EB. You're probably right on target in that many lots were likely bought by speculators hoping to make a profit on resale.

Right now, deciding where we want to live is our primary focus, and we're still evaluating areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 10:22 AM

2 posts, read 8,060 times
The remarks above by Skeeter are appalling in their misrepresentation of the facts. We believe this to be the developer talking.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,016 times
Default Skeeter 47

I would bet that skeeter 47 is either Grady Rowland or Mr. Martin ????

Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 8,060 times
Default Rusty the Skeeter Eater is Right On

Rusty,

You might be right about Skeeter. I read between the lines and there's so much vindictiveness in it, that the only ones who would be motivated like that would be the ones who did it. Here's what I reacted to:

"rumor mongering, primarily by a few who have nothing better to do with their time, or have an axe to grind with the property developers."

Rumors? No Skeeter, the TRUTH. And the one thing devious people really dislike is to have their dirty laundry publicly aired.

Nothing better to do with their time? No, Skeeter, we have jobs, families, hobbies -- positive things that we do, and would rather do, than to pursue people like you. But we WILL.

"Ax to grind"? Some of us never met you. We've only seen your handiwork.

"As a resident, I can affirm that substantial action in correcting the infrastructure failure is currently taking place, both from a reconstructive and preventitive focus."

Respond to this email with proof of any tangible thing that is being done, anywhere, by anyone. You are NOT a resident.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,972 times
Susan 2599,
Eagles Bluff is probably at least a decade ahead of it's time. Remember this is not near a large metropolitan area, nor is East Texas yet a retirement hotbed. Most locals (Tylerites in this case) think that a twenty minute commute to town is unacceptable. That of course is laughable, but the developer(s) initially (and to some extent still do) think of Tyler as a potential market. It isn't now and may never be. Their market is DFW, Houston, and out of state. There are problems, but they're more growing pains than anything else. There has been a lack of full time professional management over the development portion, and that's frustrating. This needs to be corrected. As to home resale prices, we have some residents who have built and tried to make a substantial profit in a short time. That's not realistic. We have approximately 95 homes that are either finished or in some stage of construction. I understand that there are something in the neighborhood of 75 lots which are sold but not developed. If your looking for something long term in East Texas you will not find anything with this quality in this setting. The Cascades has basically a large pond (Lake Bellwood) that measures at most a mile in lenght and 1/4 mile in width. There is also a substantial commitment to multi-family housing. It is in town, so if city services and close proximity to the grocery are important, it may be something to look at more closely. A couple of caveats: notice the entrance off the loop when your approching from the South. It's very dangerous; Also, you'll also be serenated by the PA systems from the car dealerships just outside the property. Finally, it's not a secret that builders are having a difficult time due to the sandy soil under the place. They are having issues of their own with unstable foundations. Sage

Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM

39 posts, read 218,053 times
This has been a most interesting, and informative, thread.

I thank each of you for taking the time to respond to my questions and comments.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:44 AM

46 posts, read 139,687 times
We are retired and have been living in lovely Eagles Bluff for 8 months. This is saturday and my husband is playing golf. The grocery store is exactly six miles up the road and the speed limit on that road is 55mph. Directly across from the store is a Sonic and a lovely medical clinic with a large gym attached to it. You pass Emerald Bay on the way and it is an old development with aging homes.
Eagles Bluff has kids living here! Across the street is a family with 2 young boys who attend Brookhill School near Bullard. Another boy comes and they play basketball or ride on a battery operated scooter. Up the street is the club and the pool. You sit in the club and it overlooks the putting green.
It has a bar and a smoking room. The pool has music , free lemonade brought to your picnic table and lots of other things to eat like hamburgers.
It is never crowded.
The homes do not "start at 600k." Ridiculous. Ours was under 300k with 4 bedrooms, 2/5 baths, living/dining, dinette , formals and a nice sized fenced yard with great landscaping (ALL fences are black wrought iron). We mow ourselves but most pay $40 to have a crew mow for them. Trash collection is on Tues and Fridays. We have a satellite dish as do most residents. It is extremely quiet here. It is protected by a very tall electric gate manned by a guard. No solicitors, no garage sales, no clotheslines permitted.
I do miss the deer and mountains of arkansas and the fact that it doesn't cool off here until late september.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:15 PM

46 posts, read 139,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzzi View Post
We are retired and have been living in lovely Eagles Bluff for 8 months. This is saturday and my husband is playing golf. The grocery store is exactly six miles up the road and the speed limit on that road is 55mph. Directly across from the store is a Sonic and a lovely medical clinic with a large gym attached to it. You pass Emerald Bay on the way and it is an old development with aging homes.
Eagles Bluff has kids living here! Across the street is a family with 2 young boys who attend Brookhill School near Bullard. Another boy comes and they play basketball or ride on a battery operated scooter. Up the street is the club and the pool. You sit in the club and it overlooks the putting green.
It has a bar and a smoking room. The pool has music , free lemonade brought to your picnic table and lots of other things to eat like hamburgers.
It is never crowded.
The homes do not "start at 600k." Ridiculous. Ours was under 300k with 4 bedrooms, 2/5 baths, living/dining, dinette , formals and a nice sized fenced yard with great landscaping (ALL fences are black wrought iron). We mow ourselves but most pay $40 to have a crew mow for them. Trash collection is on Tues and Fridays. We have a satellite dish as do most residents. It is extremely quiet here. It is protected by a very tall electric gate manned by a guard. No solicitors, no garage sales, no clotheslines permitted.
I do miss the deer and mountains of arkansas and the fact that it doesn't cool off here until late september.
It's now 2013 and some things have changed in Eagles Bluff. Someone new was hired to bring down costs
and now there is NO lemonade and NO pool services so attendance at the pool is down. There is NO music by the pool. It does, however, have lots of biting ants. No food is served from the club poolside anymore.
The menu at the club has FEWER offerings than previously. The fitness center is 75 degrees with NO ceiling fans. The home next door to ours was for sale when we moved here and now, four years later, it's still for sale at over 400K. Two homes behind ours are still for sale but I don't know what the prices are . The house across the street and up one house just sold.
We do have high speed internet here which is very important to us. If you want a wood burning fireplace we do not allow them here. I miss mine.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 655 times
If you're interested in Eagle's Bluff, Emerald Bay, Cumberland Ridge, or another subdivision on Lake Palestine, I know Kevin Taylor ([url]https://www.realtyintyler.com[/url]) has focused exclusively on that area for the last 2+ decades. He even lives there, so he tends to be in the know of stuff like that!

Last edited by chadbarnes; 01-03-2019 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: Had more to say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas