Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM

816 posts, read 1,946,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dude, you sound very racist. I don't have a problem with other races at all, you should be the same.
I don't think he's racist at all or at least doesn't sound racist. He has his preferences on where he wants to live. I don't see anything wrong with him what he is wanting to choose a city that is preferably white. Some people want that and others don't based on experiences. The downside is, it is hard to find them around since cities with over 1 million in the US are more likely to have strong diversity.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM

1,534 posts, read 2,769,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by An0nym0us88 View Post
I don't think he's racist at all or at least doesn't sound racist. He has his preferences on where he wants to live. I don't see anything wrong with him what he is wanting to choose a city that is preferably white. Some people want that and others don't based on experiences. The downside is, it is hard to find them around since cities with over 1 million in the US are more likely to have strong diversity.
I think he is deeply racist, and has never set foot in Texas, if he thinks Dallas is like NYC; or Austin, which is still majority minority - the whitest big city in Texas - is too Mexican. I like the cultural amenities diversity brings - food, music, the arts, but otherwise people are people - good and bad. If you only like to be around people with the same pigmentation as you, you are racist. And from everything posted, I suspect the original poster is sitting with google maps in a basement in Connecticut fantasizing an Aryan city with warm weather that does not exist in the United States. Let him stay there.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:24 PM

816 posts, read 1,946,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
I think he is deeply racist, and has never set foot in Texas, if he thinks Dallas is like NYC; or Austin, which is still majority minority - the whitest big city in Texas - is too Mexican. I like the cultural amenities diversity brings - food, music, the arts, but otherwise people are people - good and bad. If you only like to be around people with the same pigmentation as you, you are racist. And from everything posted, I suspect the original poster is sitting with google maps in a basement in Connecticut fantasizing an Aryan city with warm weather that does not exist in the United States. Let him stay there.
I guess he can say whatever he wants and how he wants to live. It might be hard to do that in Texas afterall. I'm just not going to call him racist just because he wants to live around other whites, that's how he wants to live. If he's a wealthy individual, and wants to live around other whites then he would have no problem living in Highland Park, Southlake, or Kingwood just to name a few . Every time I go these places, there is hardly any diverse if you stay in that area all the time and not going into the urban core.

Otherwise, if you suspect he's in the basement with google map up and fantasizing an Aryan city then it's obvious that he would be trolling this thread.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 AM

1,985 posts, read 3,317,371 times
I don't see what wealth has do with wanting to be around other whites. I come from wealth and never even thought "hmm, I think I want to live around white, rich people now." Singling out a race that you want to live around is, by definition, racism no matter how you frame it.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:15 AM

4,376 posts, read 4,616,320 times
Nah he sounds pretty racist. A white person who likes his/her population pretty white is definitely racist. I'm pretty sure they see 1 or 2 people of color in the neighborhood they greet them with open arms. You start to see 3 or 4 then you get a little nervous and a bit more curious as to why the migration. You start to see 9 or 10 and you're ready to pack out and move somewhere a little bit "safer" aka Whiter.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:21 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,437,451 times
Sounds like you need to emigrate to Canada, Saskatoon or Regina sound up your alley.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
I'm not racist, PERIOD. I have many friends of different ethnicities. And I repeatedly said that I have no problem living in a diverse metro area. However, I still want there to be plenty of white people also, so that I don't feel like a minority too much. How the hell is that racist? Basically, you guys are saying that I HAVE to want to be around all races OTHER than my own race. Yet, if a non-white person came on this thread asking about places to live that have strong non-white populations, it would NOT be considered racist by certain people in this forum. It's absolutely ridiculous. As I've said before, diversity includes WHITE people also. The definition of diversity is NOT simply less white people. Racism is hatred toward another race for no reason. And there's NOTHING wrong with me wanting to be around plenty of other white people. Nothing. I don't tolerate reverse racism or double standards. I'm white and proud of it, and I have every damn right to be proud of it. Just like Latinos are proud to be Latino. Just like blacks are proud to be black. So why the HELL should I have to be ashamed of being a white person? Screw that. I'm white and I can't help it. And I like being white. I don't think I'm superior to any other race, but I'm happy with being who I am. Is that WRONG???

Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 AM

1,678 posts, read 3,737,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Nothing. I don't tolerate reverse racism or double standards. I'm white and proud of it, and I have every damn right to be proud of it. Just like Latinos are proud to be Latino. Just like blacks are proud to be black.
Ahem, Latino is not a "race", it is an ethnic group. You could be "white" and be "hispanic" at the same time, ditto for "black" and "hispanic", etc.

Anyways no one in Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio or nearly anywhere else in Texas for that matter will care what your race is for "racism" or even "reverse racism" to be a factor, since nearly everyone will be too busy dealing with other much more important stuff like work, family, paying the bills, etc. The only reason everyone else has brought it up was because YOU mentioned it, and like anywhere else on this planet if you treat people with respect, nine times out of ten they will treat you with respect as well. Regardless if diversity wether racial, ethnic, or religious is going to be that much of a problem for you then neither Texas or California are for you.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:57 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,330,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
Ahem, Latino is not a "race", it is an ethnic group. You could be "white" and be "hispanic" at the same time, ditto for "black" and "hispanic", etc.

Anyways no one in Houston/Dallas/Austin/San Antonio or nearly anywhere else in Texas for that matter will care what your race is for "racism" or even "reverse racism" to be a factor, since nearly everyone will be too busy dealing with other much more important stuff like work, family, paying the bills, etc. The only reason everyone else has brought it up was because YOU mentioned it, and like anywhere else on this planet if you treat people with respect, nine times out of ten they will treat you with respect as well. Regardless if diversity wether racial, ethnic, or religious is going to be that much of a problem for you then neither Texas or California are for you.
Well, I wouldn't say all that.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:20 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,937,475 times
Well, like I said, I lived in NYC and had no problem with the diversity there. I felt like there were plenty of white people, and the other ethnic groups were nice to have around too. Although, for some reason, there tends to be increased levels of trash and crime with increased diversity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas