Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:52 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,099,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Please ban smoking! No one wants to smell someone else's nasty habit!
Ban heavy perfumes!
Ban Cheetos!
Ban Taco Bell!
Ban gas stations!

I mean really...THEY all stink too. Why stop there? Let's ban everything with an odor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 07:03 PM

10,238 posts, read 19,516,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Ban heavy perfumes!
Ban Cheetos!
Ban Taco Bell!
Ban gas stations!

I mean really...THEY all stink too. Why stop there? Let's ban everything with an odor.
LOL Hell, let's just ban common sense, BigDG! Or has that already, by default, been done?

Good post!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,301,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Ban heavy perfumes!
Ban Cheetos!
Ban Taco Bell!
Ban gas stations!

Let's be fair. Tobacco? Cancer. Cheetos? lol

Old 01-12-2013, 07:58 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,197,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post

Cheetos addiction and bans.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
*sighs* As is typical, those of your ilk miss the intentionally ironic point, completely. Listen...

No one is comparing tobacco to cheetoes or perfume, in terms of a health risk.

What is being said, is that it is up to the individual to take the benefits/risks for their own life choices. If you fear the effects of second-hand smoke? Then don't go into places where smoking is allowed! Good gawd, what is it that is so hard to comprehend?

No, instead, some rely on the heavy-hand of government to "ban" anything they don't like. And once that starts? Then there is no stopping it. Not at all. It just rolls and rolls.

If a private business can be mandated to disallow smoking, even if no one is required to enter the place to begin with? Then there is no logical reason why heavy perfume cannot be banned within, as well. In some places, salty food has been banned, and soft-drinks.

Whatever it might be, the absolutely exasperating aspect of it is that some don't even see the connection! Do they not see the elephant in the living room? Or just not care?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:41 PM

933 posts, read 1,525,349 times
Smoking bans are incredibly stupid in my opinion. If you're annoyed by smoking, avoid establishments that allow smoking. If you smoke, you can patronize the establishments that do and avoid the ones that don't. Seems like a common sense solution that would make everyone happy.

Too many people out there think that they know what's best and want to use their limitless knowledge to micromanage the lives of others.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Smoking bans are incredibly stupid in my opinion. If you're annoyed by smoking, avoid establishments that allow smoking. If you smoke, you can patronize the establishments that do and avoid the ones that don't. Seems like a common sense solution that would make everyone happy.

Too many people out there think that they know what's best and want to use their limitless knowledge to micromanage the lives of others.
*psssssst* Quit talking so much common sense, RDFW. Someone might hear you and report you to the self-appointed "Public Health Police"....

Old 01-12-2013, 11:50 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,462,489 times
Are there any churches with a smoking section? As soon as I find one I'll join.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:34 AM

349 posts, read 258,205 times
Smokers are being weeded out.

Then comes fat people.

Then comes people with cancer in their family line.

Then comes blonde haired people.

Old 01-13-2013, 12:42 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,489,152 times
gosh, and here I thought Texas was cool - the last bastion of hope -- for freedom!! And the American way!! (I'm in CA and looking to MOVE one day!!) Hope Texas can stay on 'my map'!! But I'm not sure with this nonsense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas