Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 2,108 times

Advertisements

my husband has 2 years of floorhand experience. who's hiring in texas? he's applied with alot of different companies and no response. please help! thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 AM

155 posts, read 421,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakennedy View Post
my husband has 2 years of floorhand experience. who's hiring in texas? he's applied with alot of different companies and no response. please help! thanks
Texas Oil Careers - Launch Your Career In The Texas Oil And Gas Industry

Old 09-01-2013, 01:10 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Both Kenedy & Karnes City, Tx are really booming - these two towns run together and are almost one town.
It's part of the Eagle Ford and worth a check .... try google.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:22 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,143 times
Midland/Odessa are really booming too

Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,892 times
My husband is looking for a job. He heard that there are companies in the Midland/Odessa area that are hiring on the spot. Is anyone aware of this? And if so do you have any other information? He wants to go up there asap but I'm trying to get more information for him first.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,267,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisajohnson85 View Post
My husband is looking for a job. He heard that there are companies in the Midland/Odessa area that are hiring on the spot. Is anyone aware of this? And if so do you have any other information? He wants to go up there asap but I'm trying to get more information for him first.
This probably isn't what you what to hear but his best bet to show up. Just get him a hotel room for 3-4 days and tell him to go knock on some doors. It took me about 3-4 days before I had someone telling me to go get a drug test and a physical.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,839 times
I would like to know if it would be a good idea to travel and apply in person or if its the same as applying in line I live in el paso and want to work in Odessa or areas around their in the oil field

Old 10-31-2013, 08:41 AM

155 posts, read 421,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloy Mendez View Post
I would like to know if it would be a good idea to travel and apply in person or if its the same as applying in line I live in el paso and want to work in Odessa or areas around their in the oil field
Depends on the company really. Some of the bigger companies only do their hiring through the online application procecss. Don't get discouraged by that though, numerous other companies want you to apply in person. They want to know if you're actually in the area, do you have housing? Etc.. If you show up to apply in person, it shows them that your ready to go to work and not some guy from across country drumming up job prospects. So really, I guess it can go both ways.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,609 times
Default Sorry To Jump in On topic

Iam 30yrs old and would really like to make a decent money for one in my life for my family. 10-12$ doesn't put food on the table any more. I have no experience never stepped foot on an oil rig. Were do I NEED TO START. And are there rigs out there that hire no experience and will work with a felony charge on my back ground. Need to stay in Tx for about 4 more months and then will be up to relocate to surrounding states. PLEASE HELP. Thank you.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,323 times
Does anyone know where they hire girls for the oil rigs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas