Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will have the best luxury stores by the end of 2013?
Dallas 88 62.86%
Houston 52 37.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 AM
TXT

165 posts, read 238,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
So are they adding a dydeco luxury store to the Houston Galleria?....oh...ok...then lets stay on the topic of Houston trying to catch up to Dallas in the luxury line up.

I think its neat what they are about to do with the Houston galleria. ...that's a lot of new space. But what im wondering is how this will enhance Houston's luxury market? Yes they will add enough space for 30 new stores, but to ENHANCE Houston's market to dallas' level would mean it would have to be 30 stores NEW to Texas. That will take decades and decades to happen because all of the brands and labels that even look at Texas will continue on into the future choosing Dallas first. ...Dallas already has 39 luxury stores exclusive to Texas to Houston's 12......Good luck with all that new space with nothing noteworthy to go in it....

Ha, catch-up?! Dallas is lost and eons behind Houston on luxury. That's been put to bed by the fashion authorities and national financial reporters and everyone else, except 'Delusional Dallasites.' Houston is on a 'Global Level' that Dallas can only hope to emulate. I'll meet you at Saks Fifth Avenue in Dallas and tell you all about it...again.

Houston named: 'America's Next Great Global City'
Forbes names Houston 'America's next great global city' - Houston Business Journal

Saks Fifth Avenue Expanding in Houston
Saks Fifth Avenue To Relocate Its Flagship Store At The Houston Galleria - WSJ.com

Old 09-06-2013, 10:38 AM

213 posts, read 388,453 times
Quote:
So are they adding a dydeco luxury store to the Houston Galleria?....oh...ok...then lets stay on the topic of Houston trying to catch up to Dallas in the luxury line up.

I think its neat what they are about to do with the Houston galleria. ...that's a lot of new space. But what im wondering is how this will enhance Houston's luxury market? Yes they will add enough space for 30 new stores, but to ENHANCE Houston's market to dallas' level would mean it would have to be 30 stores NEW to Texas. That will take decades and decades to happen because all of the brands and labels that even look at Texas will continue on into the future choosing Dallas first. ...Dallas already has 39 luxury stores exclusive to Texas to Houston's 12......Good luck with all that new space with nothing noteworthy to go in it....

Anytime retail developments make dramatic modifications such as what is happening to the galleria, then retail wins. The redevelopment at the Galleria is due to increased competition from the new River Oaks District development, and BLVD PLace, and the continued new additions to Highland Village, and West Ave.

The Galleria has been a stalwart with luxury shopping since its inception in the early 70s. It isn't going down without a fight and any luxury stores that have been trying to make an entrance into the Houston market such as Christian Louboutin, Tom Ford, DVF, Roberto Cavalli, and others will have all of their needs and wants catered.

The Dallas luxury market boom seem to have really taken off back when Northpark Center increased it size and Highland Park Village got new owners that really worked hard to lure new exclusive store to HPV.

We can see now that it is a heated competition between HPV and Northpark, but in the end Dallas wins.

The same will be said for Houston with The Galleria and River Oaks District.

Whether it be Dallas or Houston, the Texas market is hot and well desired by luxury retailers.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:27 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXT View Post
Ha, catch-up?! Dallas is lost and eons behind Houston on luxury. That's been put to bed by the fashion authorities and national financial reporters and everyone else, except 'Delusional Dallasites.' Houston is on a 'Global Level' that Dallas can only hope to emulate. I'll meet you at Saks Fifth Avenue in Dallas and tell you all about it...again.

Houston named: 'America's Next Great Global City'
Forbes names Houston 'America's next great global city' - Houston Business Journal

Saks Fifth Avenue Expanding in Houston
Saks Fifth Avenue To Relocate Its Flagship Store At The Houston Galleria - WSJ.com

Look.....be honest with yourself..do you really think that the Houston line up matches Dallas'?..If so...you Have to be blind!!!...this is not a topic that can be curved with bias and homerism...THIS IS BASED ON SOLID FACTS. Keep telling yourself that Houston is eons AHEAD of Dallas and maybe one day YOU'LL believe it...untill then Houston needs about 27 new luxury brands to Texas to be equal with Dallas...sorry son!!!

Old 09-06-2013, 11:36 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,987,932 times
Dallas wins in luxury shopping, Houston wins in fine dining.

At the end of the day its a wash.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:45 AM
TXT

Default Houston...Texas' Luxury Leader.

Quote:
Look.....be honest with yourself..do you really think that the Houston line up matches Dallas'?..If so...you Have to be blind!!!...this is not a topic that can be curved with bias and homerism...THIS IS BASED ON SOLID FACTS. Keep telling yourself that Houston is eons AHEAD of Dallas and maybe one day YOU'LL believe it...untill then Houston needs about 27 new luxury brands to Texas to be equal with Dallas...sorry son!!!
Dallasgirl, we all know Dallasites love denial and are allergic to facts, even in the face of report after report and plain reality, Dallas insists on embarrassing itself so bad that it embarrasses all of us. We pitty you. You just have a real bad understanding, but there again, you're a 'Delusional Dallasite'...you people don't believe that water is wet. Anyway, like I said, I'll meet you at Bloomingdale's or Saks Fifth Avenue in Dallas to school you...again.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Dallasgirl, we all know Dallasites love denial and are allergic to facts, even in the face of report after report and plain reality, Dallas insists on embarrassing itself so bad that it embarrasses all of us. We pitty you. You just have a real bad understanding, but there again, you're a 'Delusional Dallasite'...you people don't believe that water is wet. Anyway, like I said, I'll meet you at Bloomingdale's or Saks Fifth Avenue in Dallas to school you...again.
The Bloomingdales in Park Lane Place?...what time?

oh and By the way....this was a horrible come back to what I said...You cleared up absolutely NOTHING..Dallas wins this solidly......eat it .

Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 AM

Dallas Has every store thats on Rodeo drive in LA....I wonder why Houston cant say the same???.....because some of the stores wont even blink at Houston.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:02 PM
TXT

Default Houston...Texas' Luxury Leader.

Quote:
The Bloomingdales in Park Lane Place?...what time?

oh and By the way....this was a horrible come back to what I said...You cleared up absolutely NOTHING..Dallas wins this solidly......eat it .
Now you've completely slipped into Dallas Fantasy. No, not that cheap outhouse, I mean outlet on Park Lane. I mean the Bloomingdale's flagship right near the Barney's New York that closed and left town. It's around the corner from where Giorgio Armani used to be before he closed and left town. Let's meet there at 2pm on Neverary 1, 2013.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 PM
TXT

Default Houston...Texas' Luxury Retail Leader.

Quote:
Dallas Has every store thats on Rodeo drive in LA....I wonder why Houston cant say the same???.....because some of the stores wont even blink at Houston.
NO DALLAS DOES NOT!!! And faking and pretending won't make it true, sorry doll. Many brands wouldn't be caught dead in Dallas, we see many realized it and left town. Anyway, I'm on my way to Saks Fifth Avenue in Houston for cocktails, dinner and fashion show. Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills in extraordinary as well.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Now you've completely slipped into Dallas Fantasy. No, not that cheap outhouse, I mean outlet on Park Lane. I mean the Bloomingdale's flagship right near the Barney's New York that closed and left town. It's around the corner from where Giorgio Armani used to be before he closed and left town. Let's meet there at 2pm on Neverary 1, 2013.
WOW...3 WHOLE Stores closed in Dallas?!?!?...and yet we still blow Houston out of the water...ask Tom Ford.....oh yall have to wait two years I forgot..When yall FINALLY get Tom Ford and a few Others...Dallas will already have the Hoopla credit for those Stores...people wont even care about Houston getting them....they'll be used to goin to Dallas ..Just like H&M and never to be In-N-Out Hamburgers....which is still on the fence about Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas