Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city will have the best luxury stores by the end of 2013?
Dallas 88 62.86%
Houston 52 37.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 07:47 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times

Advertisements

I find it so bizarre that there is not a Fendi boutique in Dallas. Perhaps they are waiting on a prime location to come available.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:05 PM

256 posts, read 473,980 times
More information on the Chanel Show in Dallas:

Fair Park to feel the love when Chanel brings Metiers d'Art to Dallas - CultureMap Dallas

Chanel to take over Fair Park in Dallas on December 10 for its wild Métiers d

Old 11-20-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I find it so bizarre that there is not a Fendi boutique in Dallas. Perhaps they are waiting on a prime location to come available.
They had opening signs at the Dallas Galleria pre-recession and after that the signs were removed. Too bad it would have down well I think.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonsim View Post
They had opening signs at the Dallas Galleria pre-recession and after that the signs were removed. Too bad it would have down well I think.
I'm sure it won't be long before one comes around. Atlanta recently got one. I do understand though that our market cannot support every designer, but I agree that Fendi would do well. As would Prada if it goes through with plans to re-enter the Dallas market after it left the Village back in the 90s.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
This show is a big deal. Only one world city a season gets this show. Houston has obviously never had it and sadly never will, as Houston has almost zero retail / high end retail headquartered in their metro.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:07 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
This show is a big deal. Only one world city a season gets this show. Houston has obviously never had it and sadly never will, as Houston has almost zero retail / high end retail headquartered in their metro.
Oh really?

Old 12-01-2013, 05:09 PM

December 2013 Retail Rap:

Dallas:

PaperCity | Fashion | Retail Rap

Houston:
PaperCity | Fashion | Retail Rap

Old 12-06-2013, 10:26 AM

213 posts, read 388,528 times
Simon Property Group, owner of the Houston Galleria, announced four new retailers that will be opening there in the next two years.
That includes the first Texas location for Rolex.
“There is significant consumer demand for additional luxury retailers at The Galleria and we are thrilled to be the premiere Houston location for these exclusive brands not available in our city today,” Jenny Harris, the Galleria’s marketing director, said in a statement.
The new stores were among several developments announced by the Galleria on Thursday:
  • Rolex will open its store in the summer of 2014. It will mark their first location in Texas. The store will be located in Galleria I next to Tory Burch and will be 1,800 square feet.
  • Tourbillon will open their first store in Houston at The Galleria in early summer. The concept will open next to bareMinerals and will boast 2,815 square feet in Galleria II.
  • Tod’s will celebrate its Houston debut with the opening of a 2,000 square foot store in early summer of 2015. The store will be located in Galleria I.
  • Trina Turk is slated to open their doors in the fall of 2014. The store will be located in Galleria I next to Sephora and will feature 1,400 square feet.
  • CHANEL has renewed its lease and will be renovating the boutique June 2014 and will remain open during such renovation.
  • Gucci also recently renewed its lease at The Galleria signifying their ongoing enthusiasm about their presence at Houston’s premiere luxury shopping destination.
  • Tory Burch is planning an expansion in 2014, slated for late spring/early summer. The brand plans to expand their footprint by more than 2,300 square feet.
  • Zara is planning a significant renovation to commence April 2014 and conclude in the fall. The current space will expand by one-story creating a two-story space encompassing more than 18,000 square feet.
  • Sephora will expand its current location by 3,600 square feet, slated for completion in the fall of 2014.
  • Club Monaco will relocate to Galleria II next to Zales increasing their size to more than 4,500 square feet
Rolex, three other retailers coming to the Houston Galleria - Prime Property

Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,012 times
Chanel desperately needed a reno. The carpet in there was disgusting!

Old 12-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOak5115 View Post
Simon Property Group, owner of the Houston Galleria, announced four new retailers that will be opening there in the next two years.
That includes the first Texas location for Rolex.
“There is significant consumer demand for additional luxury retailers at The Galleria and we are thrilled to be the premiere Houston location for these exclusive brands not available in our city today,” Jenny Harris, the Galleria’s marketing director, said in a statement.
The new stores were among several developments announced by the Galleria on Thursday:
  • Rolex will open its store in the summer of 2014. It will mark their first location in Texas. The store will be located in Galleria I next to Tory Burch and will be 1,800 square feet.
  • Tourbillon will open their first store in Houston at The Galleria in early summer. The concept will open next to bareMinerals and will boast 2,815 square feet in Galleria II.
  • Tod’s will celebrate its Houston debut with the opening of a 2,000 square foot store in early summer of 2015. The store will be located in Galleria I.
  • Trina Turk is slated to open their doors in the fall of 2014. The store will be located in Galleria I next to Sephora and will feature 1,400 square feet.
  • CHANEL has renewed its lease and will be renovating the boutique June 2014 and will remain open during such renovation.
  • Gucci also recently renewed its lease at The Galleria signifying their ongoing enthusiasm about their presence at Houston’s premiere luxury shopping destination.
  • Tory Burch is planning an expansion in 2014, slated for late spring/early summer. The brand plans to expand their footprint by more than 2,300 square feet.
  • Zara is planning a significant renovation to commence April 2014 and conclude in the fall. The current space will expand by one-story creating a two-story space encompassing more than 18,000 square feet.
  • Sephora will expand its current location by 3,600 square feet, slated for completion in the fall of 2014.
  • Club Monaco will relocate to Galleria II next to Zales increasing their size to more than 4,500 square feet
Rolex, three other retailers coming to the Houston Galleria - Prime Property
What are the two Rolex stores in Dallas considered?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas