Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM

577 posts, read 512,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Source Lufkin chamber of Commerces!
nice try but they don't even state the information you are quoting. Here's an idea....why don't you put the link to the specific page for the information you are siting? Or does such a page not exist??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 11:13 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
nice try but they don't even state the information you are quoting. Here's an idea....why don't you put the link to the specific page for the information you are siting? Or does such a page not exist??
Nice try wise guy to you!!!
If you where smart you would have seen that I didn't put .com or www. any thing for a source for the chamber so meaning call them and they will tell you the est ok.The thing is they don't do a great job of updating there website!!!!
Nice try but you have to come way harder then that Nac-Town Hospitality!!!!!

Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Nac -Town she be the A-1!!!! But nice try wise guy to YOU!

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 03:34 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 01:05 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Who ever wrote this might be on something...

The Lufkin/Angelina County Chamber of Commerce
The Lufkin Chamber of Commerce is most probably using TexDot metropolitan area definitions rather than OMB definitions.

According to TexDot the Lufkin Area stretches from San Jacinto County to Shelby County and supports 306,596 people in 2010.

Using Texdot's definition, Tyler is still twice as large with a metropolitan area of 667,152 people in 2010

I like Texdot's metros better. Looks more realistic and manageable.

By the Looks of it Tyler is probably one of the top ten metros in Texas based on Texdot's version:

After Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Fort Worth, El Paso, RGV, Austin, Beaumont...

Current TxDOT Projects

Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
The Lufkin Chamber of Commerce is most probably using TexDot metropolitan area definitions rather than OMB definitions.

According to TexDot the Lufkin Area stretches from San Jacinto County to Shelby County and supports 306,596 people in 2010.

Using Texdot's definition, Tyler is still twice as large with a metropolitan area of 667,152 people in 2010

I like Texdot's metros better. Looks more realistic and manageable.

By the Looks of it Tyler is probably one of the top ten metros in Texas based on Texdot's version:

After Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Fort Worth, El Paso, RGV, Austin, Beaumont...

Current TxDOT Projects
those are not metro definitions from txdot, those are just simply highway districts, nothing more.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
those are not metro definitions from txdot, those are just simply highway districts, nothing more.
same thing. Whats the difference?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Nice try wise guy to you!!!
If you where smart you would have seen that I didn't put .com or www. any thing for a source for the chamber so meaning call them and they will tell you the est ok.The thing is they don't do a great job of updating there website!!!!
Nice try but you have to come way harder then that Nac-Town Hospitality!!!!!
so what you are saying is that there is no government agency site that officially verifies the information that you claim? I shouldn't have to call them to verify information from you. You made the post, you back up your own claims. I have already seen what the census bureau says, and it differs from your information.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Am I missing something?? The way the OP boast Lufkin, you would think it's well on it's way to surpassing Houston and Dallas, in population and stature.

The first time I went to Lufkin was in 1979, the second time was in 2009....Both times I got the impression of being in a podunk town. Has something changed?

Old 04-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
same thing. Whats the difference?
so you are telling me the strict definitions of population distribution set by the Office of Management of Budget (OMB) is the same thing as saying what counties are served by a txdot office on maintaining/building highways?? WOW! I think you just need to look that up yourself, I don't have time to go get a big chief tablet a fat pencils and a box of crayons to draw it out on a level that you might understand.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
so you are telling me the strict definitions of population distribution set by the Office of Management of Budget (OMB) is the same thing as saying what counties are served by a txdot office on maintaining/building highways?? WOW! I think you just need to look that up yourself, I don't have time to go get a big chief tablet a fat pencils and a box of crayons to draw it out on a level that you might understand.
can you read?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas