Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,276 times

Advertisements

A long time coming and Lufkin is now seeing progress of a second mix master on I-69 coming on the north loop area of the city which great news to the city of Lufkin.People probably have read some of my past threads wondering why do I think the things I think when it comes to the comparison of Tyler vs Lufkin vs Nacogdoches.Lufkin has 35,000 residents and Tyler have 96,000 residents the difference of 61,000 people.Lufkin can and probably will in the next 15 years knock that number down to a couple thousand as afar as my studies and research goes.Lufkin connects you to most major cities like Houston,Dallas,Beaumont and Shreveport.Lufkin also has a better highway system going around the city similar to a large city that will bring tons of new growth in the future.Lufkin has several lakes around it like lake samrayburn,lake kurth and teledo bend that are short commutes away.Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, crime, house prices, cost of living, races, home value estimator, recent sales, income, photos, schools, maps, weather, neighborhoods, and more www.Txdot.com will show you the plans to be made on the north end of town like the clover intersection that is their now will now have access ramp taking you from and on to the loop from future I-69.Loop 287 will have four lanes on each side then two extra lanes of frontage road on each sides that will be 6 lanes of traffic on each side thats really shocking but true.Head quarters of walmart are ready to add a new location there and the south end of Nacogdoches where construction will begin there in 2014.
Lufkin city limits is already touching its neighboring cities like Hudson,Burke and Diboll that makes it's land area impressive on the map.Tyler having three walmarts and Lufkin getting a second one makes it in the lead of city like Tyler.People on here think I just don't like Tyler but that is not the case I lived there and had the worst experience with being stop of tickets more then in any other place and the nightlife to me suck for others it may work.Lufkin is a city that think out side of the box for example I bet you If Lufkin was in Tyler shoes and Tyler had Lufkin city leaders I-20 would be a major freeway in smith county.I have seen people on here that reside in Dallas or Houston boasting Tyler reputation and know better that city that side that only touch I-20 on 69 north and 271 north would have took advantage of try to grow and become a major area.Tyler also just getting wet after all these years should have been a bell ring that city don't won't to grow fast.Tyler will see Longview beat its population in the next 10 years if they don't do something and really the county population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM

Small town Tyler humor gotta love it

Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 PM

4,433 posts, read 5,347,238 times
Someone needs meds in the Texas forum...

But good for Lufkin.

What is a Mix Master?

Last edited by rynetwo; 04-04-2013 at 03:36 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 03:04 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,084,282 times
Dee, I can tell you really have been reading my posts. I'm the one that says, leaders, and voters in Tyler are not for major growth. I have said the leaders did not want I-20 any closer to Tyler than it was/is. To add to that, Tyler gave the North side of 69 and I-20 to Lindale in the last 5 years. Again leaders and citizens have so for, not wanted the booming growth of the north Dallas suburbs. Again as I've stated several times Tyler prefers a very low city tax rate, the lowest of any city over 15,000 pop in Texas, and prefers to be a dbet free city, which they have been for 3 years. Pay as you go city. Now, I'm for spending money on an events center. Resort complex, we miss 20,000 hotel/motel nights per year because lack of large enuff meeting/convention facilities, again citizens said no 15 years ago to spening any tax money on growth/facilities.

So thanks for reading my posts and learning these things. Not all people want to be the biggest of something, some just strive for the best. lol.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Small town Tyler humor gotta love it
I don't know what's your problem is but you know I like Nacogdoches a lot? Your strange boasting about Nacogdoches/Lufkin and running down other towns has gone too far.

You do realize many posters are annoyed by you?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Quote:
Mix Mast coming to N.Lufkin Intersection Of Loop 287 and Future I-69
Aw heck! And that's an intersection I always have to drive through when I'm back there.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
Dee, I can tell you really have been reading my posts. I'm the one that says, leaders, and voters in Tyler are not for major growth. I have said the leaders did not want I-20 any closer to Tyler than it was/is. To add to that, Tyler gave the North side of 69 and I-20 to Lindale in the last 5 years. Again leaders and citizens have so for, not wanted the booming growth of the north Dallas suburbs. Again as I've stated several times Tyler prefers a very low city tax rate, the lowest of any city over 15,000 pop in Texas, and prefers to be a dbet free city, which they have been for 3 years. Pay as you go city. Now, I'm for spending money on an events center. Resort complex, we miss 20,000 hotel/motel nights per year because lack of large enuff meeting/convention facilities, again citizens said no 15 years ago to spening any tax money on growth/facilities.

So thanks for reading my posts and learning these things. Not all people want to be the biggest of something, some just strive for the best. lol.
You right and thank you!!!
Trust me Nacogdoches could do better to as well as other east Texas cities.
If Tyler expanding on I-20 with its location being a drive away to Dallas,shreveport and Houston it would be the dominate city in east texas but with these other cities like Longview,Nacogdoches and Lufkin is a any body game as far as dominating the area.Tyler being about 10,000 ahead of Longview and 60,000 ahead of Nac and Lufkin plus I-69 coming is anybody game.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:34 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Yay for Nac!

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to make my shopping list for tomorrow - somewhere else.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 AM

577 posts, read 512,390 times
Quote:
You right and thank you!!!
Trust me Nacogdoches could do better to as well as other east Texas cities.
If Tyler expanding on I-20 with its location being a drive away to Dallas,shreveport and Houston it would be the dominate city in east texas but with these other cities like Longview,Nacogdoches and Lufkin is a any body game as far as dominating the area.Tyler being about 10,000 ahead of Longview and 60,000 ahead of Nac and Lufkin plus I-69 coming is anybody game.
Here are the facts about the cities you mention, I'll give you county data since it is more accurate and up to date from the U.S. Census Bureau
2010 population 2012 population Change % Change
Tyler (Smith County) 209,714 214,821 5,107 2.4
Nacogdoches (Nacogdoches County) 64,524 66,034 1,510 2.3
Lufkin (Angelina County) 86,771 87,597 826 1.0
Longview (Gregg County) 121,728 122,658 930 .8

So as you can see Tyler is the most dominate city in East Texas. If trends continue, as shown above by the census data, Nacogdoches would have to more than triple it's current growth to meet the current growth of Tyler, and in order for it to close the gap on the numerical difference, the rate would have to be exponential higher than that. As far as Lufkin (Angelina County) it's rate of growth would have to be six times higher just to match the current growth of Tyler (Smith County). With that being said, there is more at work than just highways. Quality of life (QOL) has a lot to do with where individuals and corporations locate or relocate. Some items included in a QOL index would be medical facilities, educational facilities, transportation (roads, air, train), recreation (parks, zoos, lakes, golf). For a city/county to achieve the rates of growth that Tyler has, they are hitting the target on what people look for in a city. Smaller areas, like Lufkin and Nacogdoches, just do not have the right mix of what people are looking for, which is why they do not have the same growth as Tyler. I am not saying that they are not good places to live, just not as attractive when the entire picture is viewed. For the record, I am a geographer, and putting together studies on population, transportation, infrastructure are what I do. So Dee, please keep posting the news on new businesses coming to the area, we all appreciate the strides that our cities in East Texas are making, however please keep the over zealous boosts to a minimum, and back up your facts, and always source your information (it does help make your points/information more legitimate).

Old 04-06-2013, 03:25 PM

Actually I do show the correct facts thanks for trying correct but Nacogdoches has so many major projects from a stand point that I see how it could effect city growth.Nacogdoches numbers are going to jump more then ever!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas