Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 11:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
I agree. These statistics are grim. I'm concerned that no one will want to move here anymore.

Oh no, me too. Maybe NO ONE ELSE will move to Texas.

Considering that we've had a 25 percent increase in population (and that's only the ones we know about) in the past ten years, we could do with a bit of down time to catch up on our infrastructure.

EVERYONE CONSIDERING MOVING TO TEXAS - STAY OUT. IT REALLY SUCKS HERE. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT. MOVE TO...I DON'T KNOW, MICHIGAN OR NEVADA OR ILLINOIS OR SOME PLACE LIKE THAT.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 12:02 PM

692 posts, read 855,558 times
They've got a point about the air quality, though. I like my carbon, just not in the form of "red ozone days."

Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Considering that we've had a 25 percent increase in population (and that's only the ones we know about) in the past ten years, we could do with a bit of down time to catch up on our infrastructure.

EVERYONE CONSIDERING MOVING TO TEXAS - STAY OUT. IT REALLY SUCKS HERE. YOU WOULDN'T LIKE IT. MOVE TO...I DON'T KNOW, MICHIGAN OR NEVADA OR ILLINOIS OR SOME PLACE LIKE THAT.
LMAO. I agree totally, KathA! But if the malconents who basically hate Texas? Yet they insist on moving to Texas? Then, as the old bumper sticker read:

Will The Last Person Out Of (fill in state) Please Turn Out the Lights!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
LMAO. I agree totally, KathA! But if the malconents who basically hate Texas? Yet they insist on moving to Texas? Then, as the old bumper sticker read:

Or dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
This place wasn't any better when the "progressives" ran it (for 100 years straight).

But I can't stand Goodhair.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:23 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,748,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
... in some instances pretty much on the bottom...

State Legislators Release Grim Statistics On Texas Versus Other States
This list is a joke.

This ranking is based on spending, not on actual services provided AND how good those are.

TX has some of the best healthcare for people who cannot pay and it is paid for by property taxes. It is called the County Hospital system which by law must provide care for families who cannot pay.

TX also is ranked third nation wide for HS graduation rate and is ranked top for minorities.

Sounds pretty grim to me.

Another way to view this list is that TX is the least corrupt state in the nation in that the prices for services are not inflated by crony capitalists overcharging for services.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times
Quote:
They've got a point about the air quality, though. I like my carbon, just not in the form of "red ozone days."
Ozone pollution and greenhouse gasses are completely independent of each other.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Does this mean that a native daughter can't come home next fall....... ?

LOL!!

Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 PM

440 posts, read 867,303 times
If the "grass is greener" elsewhere-then those who say that should pack their bags and move to better pastures....whoops the jobs are here...we moved to Texas ..our kids are doing great as we are too-no complaints here...i guess those great colleges should stop trying to recruit my poorly educated high schoolers...

Old 04-28-2013, 08:23 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post

I don't know WHY people who claim such disdain for our fabulous state feel the need to move here - or meddle with us in general.

Keep Out! We love it here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas