Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:35 PM

1,027 posts, read 2,049,329 times

Advertisements

I ran into some problems replying to other threads of members saying some of my information was wrong or was base on media and Hollywood image of Texas.

I would like some members here to clear up some of this misinformation because I was saying this in some other threads of members thinking of moving to Texas.

And I don't what to be telling people wrong information about Texas.Anyways I think I'm little confused about Texas may be because of the Texas image

Would this best describe Texas and the people in Texas.

-The bible belt and conserves mostly in the country and towns , where the liberals are in city.

-The cowboy look and country look is in the town and country not the city.You hardly find any person in city with cowboy boots or cowboy hat.The only city that has more of this look is Fort Worth.

-Girls in Texas are very girly in behavior and how they dress and look.

-Most people in Texas don't have much of accent because of so many people moving there. Most of the accent is in towns and country not the city.The only city that some people have accent is Fort Worth.

-Dallas and Houston are the most dress down city in Texas but even still most people in Texas dress better than Arizona, New Mexico ,Florida and city of Atlanta.You will hardly ever see some one in yoga pants ,trackpants ,sweatpants ,plain house /sleeping t-shirt ,tracksuit or sweatsuit so on .And you never see anyone in pajama pants.

-Most cities in Texas lack bars ,night clubs and entertainment district like other cities in Florida or California .One things people don't like to move to Texas.

-Girls in Texas are very open and sexual and go all out of way to look and act girly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2013, 08:02 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Don't really have a clue as to what you are attempting to prove here, but I'd say you might as well hang it up. You are so far off base on almost everything it is comical.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Don't really have a clue as to what you are attempting to prove here, but I'd say you might as well hang it up. You are so far off base on almost everything it is comical.
I agree with you. Surely the OP is posting this as a "troll" post. This person's use of language, grammar, & overall odd statements make it appear as though it is written by a young child or perhaps one with mental challenges--certainly not an educated adult of usual abilities.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:02 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,856 times
WTH? Do you actually believe you can make broad generalizations like that? smh

Old 04-27-2013, 09:03 PM

440 posts, read 867,303 times
Sorry your Wikipedia source is really off base....I've only been here a year and it is nothing like this

Old 04-27-2013, 09:27 PM

No these where some of threads I was replying to where some of members where saying some of the information was wrong.

Has anyone lived in both Florida and Texas to compare? Which is better and why?

Pros and cons of moving to Florida?

Has anyone lived in both Florida and Texas to compare? Which is better and why?

May be here people are in know how but if you check out other sites on the internet you see the image people have of Texas of ultra conservative country type .

Old 04-27-2013, 10:01 PM

795 posts, read 1,585,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweat209 View Post
I ran into some problems replying to other threads of members saying some of my information was wrong or was base on media and Hollywood image of Texas.

I would like some members here to clear up some of this misinformation because I was saying this in some other threads of members thinking of moving to Texas.

And I don't what to be telling people wrong information about Texas.Anyways I think I'm little confused about Texas may be because of the Texas image

Would this best describe Texas and the people in Texas.

-The bible belt and conserves mostly in the country and towns , where the liberals are in city.

-The cowboy look and country look is in the town and country not the city.You hardly find any person in city with cowboy boots or cowboy hat.The only city that has more of this look is Fort Worth.

-Most people in Texas don't have much of accent because of so many people moving there. Most of the accent is in towns and country not the city.The only city that some people have accent is Fort Worth.

-Dallas and Houston are the most dress down city in Texas but even still most people in Texas dress better than Arizona, New Mexico ,Florida and city of Atlanta.You will hardly ever see some one in yoga pants ,trackpants ,sweatpants ,plain house /sleeping t-shirt ,tracksuit or sweatsuit so on .And you never see anyone in pajama pants.

-Most cities in Texas lack bars ,night clubs and entertainment district like other cities in Florida or California .One things people don't like to move to Texas.

-Girls in Texas are very open and sexual and go all out of way to look and act girly.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:30 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,399,723 times
Quote:

May be here people are in know how but if you check out other sites on the internet you see the image people have of Texas of ultra conservative country type .
Dude,

When Al Gore invented the Internet, and solicited opinions on its truthfulness from Abraham Lincoln, he was more spot-on correct than each one of your posts.

Like Winston Churchill said:
If its on the Internet, it's probably not true.

Let the other 49 have their theories.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:57 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times

Old 04-27-2013, 11:02 PM

I know my English is not good and some times I have hard time communicating what I'm saying so I'm sorry for that .

Here is what I need cleared up or some one to elaborate on.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas