Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best downtown in Texas
Austin 36 21.95%
San Antonio 23 14.02%
Houston 30 18.29%
Dallas 59 35.98%
Fort Worth 16 9.76%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:11 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Hypocrisy at it's best.
No....I admitted to being a little biased. The simple fact of Houston winning the poll shows that MOST houston posters are living by the "Houston is always first" mentality which displays homerism at its best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
No....I admitted to being a little biased. The simple fact of Houston winning the poll shows that MOST houston posters are living by the "Houston is always first" mentality which displays homerism at its best.
I know, I know.
You would rather Dallas being first but it just isn't.

Dallas approaches Houston when looked at the metro level. You ain't going to get Irving and mesquite to prop your stats in this thread. Lol.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeinatx View Post
While downtown Fort Worth is a delightful place to spend three or four days, there are no urban residential neighborhoods in Fort Worth.
Stay tuned...

Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,454 times
Quote:
I'm not from Houston but I voted for them over Dallas for sure.

I like both cities and plan to live in one of them one day so nothing wrong with them.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
I'm a Houstonian and I voted for San Antonio

Old 05-09-2013, 07:04 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I'm a Houstonian and I voted for San Antonio
That's why I said"most" Houston posters. Not all of yall are delusional.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 AM

229 posts, read 305,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I voted San Antonio. And Downtown Dallas is a dried- up rotting vacancy. That's why they felt they had to start over in Uptown and then try to combine the two.
And it seems to be working quite well.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:39 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarn View Post
And it seems to be working quite well.
Yep.

Quote:
Downtown Dallas development surges with new deals

After taking time off for the recession, developers are rushing to get the next generation of downtown Dallas real estate projects underway. At least two dozen developments are either in the works or planned to start soon — including new hotel space, apartments and remodeled office skyscrapers.

Downtown Dallas development surges with new deals | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
The next poll should be: When is the last time you've been to DT Dallas?
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...own-dallas.ece

Downtown has changed so much in the last year. If it's been over a year since your last visit, you have out of date experiences...

Density = Houston has a huge workforce downtown

Walkability = Austin... Only because Dallas is lacking in retail, but Neiman Marcus is a huge asset for Dallas

Nightlife = Austin ... Dallas has some good nightlife in downtown though

Beauty = Dallas... Houston is #2

Residential areas = Austin

Anyway, the criteria for this poll heavily favors the smaller cities. My top 2 picks are Dallas and Houston. They offer far superior amenities, and have major redevelopment plans happening now.

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 05-10-2013 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
The next poll should be: When is the last time you've been to DT Dallas?

Downtown has changed so much in the last year. If it's been over a year since your last visit, you have out of date experiences...

Density = Houston has a huge workforce downtown

Walkability = Austin... Only because Dallas is lacking in retail, but Neiman Marcus is a huge asset for Dallas

Nightlife = Austin ... Dallas has some good nightlife in downtown though

Beauty = Dallas... Houston is #2

Residential areas = Austin

Anyway, the criteria for this poll heavily favors the smaller cities. My top 2 pics are Dallas and Houston. They offer far superior amenities, and have major redevelopment plans happening now.
Downtown San Antonio puts both Dallas and Houston to shame when it comes to beauty. The skyline is almost non-existent, but the street level is amazingly beautiful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas