Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Texas prisons be "air conditioned" to under 90 degrees
This is cruel and unusual punishment, cool those cell blocks now 29 34.52%
This is not cruel and unusual, but cool them anyway 15 17.86%
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, no AC for the bad boys and girls 34 40.48%
Turn the heat up for all I care 5 5.95%
Undecided 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 03:24 PM

933 posts, read 1,533,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
Evidently you haven't read the entire thread. That situation has been addressed.
I have better things to do than read a 19 page thread...

Old 06-23-2013, 04:30 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingDFW View Post
Okay. Thanks for stopping by.

Old 06-23-2013, 05:52 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,386,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
So basically anything goes, in prison. Like, if you don't want to be beaten at night by 10 prison guards, don't commit any crimes in Texas.
Quote:
Yup, that's it in a nutshell. No crime. No worries. If you don't want to get shocked. Keep your finger out of the socket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
By this logic you would be ok with any levels of abuse. (Hey man, sucks they they stick a cattle prod up your ass, but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime man...or hey, I know getting your fingernails pulled off one by is terrible, should have thought about that before you snagged those hubcaps).
Quote:

The only thing that I have a problem with is that it seems some posters that make posts such as this last one by you seem to be missing the whole point. I'm not angry with anyone. Let me bring this down to a first grade level for yall......Criminals should not have anything to complain about. They wouldn't be in the position that they are in if THEY hadn't made the decision to commit a crime. You didn't make the decision. I didn't make the decision. THEY made the decision. Whenever I've made a decision that was the wrong decision I will take what's coming to me and accept whatever consequences that follow. The thing about breaking a law is that the law already spells out the consequences for the potential criminal. Also, I'm only saying no AC for violent criminals. Click on my example. I'm referring to these kind of criminals. You tell me why this man should have AC AND why he was ever released from prison in the first place. IMO, he should have been put to death on the first sentence. This was reported last month. I've never said anything about cattle prods or fingernails or 10 guards or anything like that. Where yall come up with that stuff boggles the mind.

Alaska horror: Ex-convict kills elderly couple, rapes toddler - Firstpost
I noticed you didn't address their point directly, that your simple-minded retort "Don't do the crime then!" opens the door to all sorts of maltreatment and wrongdoing...

Old 06-23-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
What about nonviolent offenders? Not everyone in prison is a rapist or a murderer.
Quote:
Evidently you haven't read the entire thread. That situation has been addressed.
Quote:
Quote:
Okay. Thanks for stopping by.
Perhaps you could give us a summary, taken from when this point was "addressed"...

Old 06-23-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I noticed you didn't address their point directly, that your simple-minded retort "Don't do the crime then!" opens the door to all sorts of maltreatment and wrongdoing...
And who's fault would it be then? If the criminal opened that door by commiting a crime, IMO, then it's his fault. I have addressed the point numerous times. If you don't want to be in prison without AC then don't commit any crimes. If that's too straightfoward for you then, oh well.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you could give us a summary, taken from when this point was "addressed"...
Again, I have said in a couple of previous posts that I support seperating non-violent and violent prisoners. Non-violent get AC. Violent prisoners do not.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:28 PM

I am not trying to change anyone's mind on this subject. I'm simply stating my position. Yall can whine and complain that I'm the bad guy all you want and it will do no good. I believe in one taking complete responsibility for his actions.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
And who's fault would it be then? If the criminal opened that door by commiting a crime, IMO, then it's his fault. I have addressed the point numerous times. If you don't want to be in prison without AC then don't commit any crimes. If that's too straightfoward for you then, oh well.
So you would be okay with any level of abuse, or no? And if not, why not? What's the difference between the topic and more direct types of abuse such as the types Komeht described? After all, we could use the same BS ("It's their fault. They committed a crime.") for all levels of abuse and maltreatment.

Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I believe in one taking complete responsibility for his actions.
Unless of course a decision you were responsible for making leads to someone dying from the heat

Old 06-23-2013, 07:38 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Prison guards have choices too. If they don't like the conditions they can go find another job. Just like the prisoners. If they don't like the conditions in the prisons then don't commit crimes. What's so hard to understand about that?
Do you know tha type of education many of them have? They make decent money for what they know and in this economy there are people with PHDs that can't get that type of pay. As far as the inmates, that would depend on if they were guilty of the crime that they are in there for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas