Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which skyscraper do you like better?
Williams Tower 32 64.00%
Bank of America Plaza 18 36.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,561,932 times

Advertisements

Ive always thought Williams Tower and Bank of America Plaza were very architecturally similar with the vertical lines and the set backs, so which one is your favorite? Williams Tower is 902' and 64 stories tall, while BOA Plaza is 72 stories and 921' tall (i know Williams Tower has the beacon on top, but it kind of makes you wonder if the floor heights are that much different in each tower, since they managed to fit 8 more floors in just 19').

Williams Tower

vs.

Bank of America Plaza

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 11:15 PM

6,690 posts, read 9,935,924 times
I think we know the outcome of this....

Old 07-02-2013, 11:44 PM

you never know. either way i felt it was a much better comparison than some of the other polls ive seen on here like Bank of America Plaza vs JP Morgan Chase Tower. these are both somewhat iconic in their respected skylines, and both very similar in design and size.

i was thinking about making a poll with Pennzoil Place vs Fountain Place. maybe that one will be a little less predictable.

Old 07-02-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
you never know. either way i felt it was a much better comparison than some of the other polls ive seen on here like Bank of America Plaza vs JP Morgan Chase Tower. these are both somewhat iconic in their respected skylines, and both very similar in design and size.

i was thinking about making a poll with Pennzoil Place vs Fountain Place. maybe that one will be a little less predictable.
Now, that's more comparable.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Now, that's more comparable.
working on it... sorry about that, if this gets too one sided ill remove it. i figured more people would pick BOA, wether it be because of the lighting at night, the setbacks, or the overhangs above the lobby entrance. its got some nice architectural/design features

Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
working on it... sorry about that, if this gets too one sided ill remove it. i figured more people would pick BOA, wether it be because of the lighting at night, the setbacks, or the overhangs above the lobby entrance. its got some nice architectural/design features
A lot of people fail to see those things when they look at buildings. Everything you said I noticed it but the average person isn't.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:28 AM

6,288 posts, read 7,492,947 times
I think in both comparisons people have picked the first built, over what many may see as imitators. The OP himself has posted the similarities and their timelines. Also I wonder if you posted this on a more national forum, if you may have a different result, seeing that BOA in Dallas probably has more national exposure.

OOT, If people are going to start removing polls because they are too one sided, then I think somebody should remove that luxury shopping poll showing Dallas with a 2 to 1 edge over Houston, as well....

Old 07-03-2013, 10:35 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
I like the williams tower's smaller and slightly sleeker design, but I definitely like Dallas's green goblin outline at night. I also wish the Williams tower kept its former "Transco" name. But i'm going to go with Williams on this one also for its uniqueness of being such a large tower outside downtown.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
I like the williams tower's smaller and slightly sleeker design, but I definitely like Dallas's green goblin outline at night. I also wish the Williams tower kept its former "Transco" name. But i'm going to go with Williams on this one also for its uniqueness of being such a large tower outside downtown.
I think the Williams Tower looks better than BOA. The green lighting on BOA is going to improve with the current renovation which will replace the argon with LED. If I find the info I will post it.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,788,977 times
Dallas’ tallest skyscraper getting a multimillion-dollar redo
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...ollar-redo.ece
By STEVE BROWN Real Estate Editor stevebrown@dallasnews.com
Published: 07 May 2013 08:36 PM
Downtown Dallas’ tallest building is getting a makeover. The 72-story Bank of America Plaza is being updated with a new entry, lobby areas and remodeling of the retail court. The remodeling also will include upgrades to the signature green lights that outline the Main Street skyscraper. Work crews have already put up construction fences surrounding the office tower. General contractor Turner Construction has parked its construction trailer next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas