Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 05:12 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
My original premise was that I-69 was not going to be completed within anyone on here's lifetime. I hold by that premise and have proved that out.
You have only been proven wrong kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 PM

577 posts, read 512,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
I don't know wats going on in Austin but in Nac and Lufkin the freeways are coming lol it is so funny how other cities hate it and you being from Austin shouldn't feel threaten by the growth of the areas unless your a Tyler native and trying to get on the ban wagon of the massive hate we get from Tyler natives.
Actually I just moved to Austin for your information. I recently graduated SFA, and I lived in Lufkin and Nacogdoches for years. There's no hate about anything in what I said, there is no funding to get those roads (I-69) built in East Texas. The only thing that has been done are long term feasibility studies on that hwy, and there's nothing wrong with me saying that it will be decades before that road is built because that is the truth! It's like that with all new interstates, so hate to bust your bubble thinking that TXDOT is going to wave some majic wand and pour billions of dollars that they don't have to build that road. So next time you need to read what I say, don't take the truth so personal and pull your head out of your *ss before sending an email trying to discredit me when you don't have a clue.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:28 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
My original premise was that I-69 was not going to be completed within anyone on here's lifetime. I hold by that premise and have proved that out.
Wrong and wrong.
You are and backing that up with a quote of someone speculating.

You have proved nothing.

Furthermore it was not your faulty premise I quoted, I quoted your other erroneous statement that they have not done environmental studies and have not a clue where 69 will run. Both statements are innacurate

Old 08-17-2013, 08:50 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Actually I just moved to Austin for your information. I recently graduated SFA, and I lived in Lufkin and Nacogdoches for years. There's no hate about anything in what I said, there is no funding to get those roads (I-69) built in East Texas. The only thing that has been done are long term feasibility studies on that hwy, and there's nothing wrong with me saying that it will be decades before that road is built because that is the truth! It's like that with all new interstates, so hate to bust your bubble thinking that TXDOT is going to wave some majic wand and pour billions of dollars that they don't have to build that road. So next time you need to read what I say, don't take the truth so personal and pull your head out of your *ss before sending an email trying to discredit me when you don't have a clue.
You have no idea of what you are saying because they have all the funding for the Lufkin project and there are signs that say future I-69 from Houston to Nacogdoches.I don't even know if you are a native from this area for you to not know wats going on klmao.........but your research is wrong very wrong.Construction is going on right now right now wat part you don't get!!!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You have no idea of what you are saying because they have all the funding for the Lufkin project and there are signs that say future I-69 from Houston to Nacogdoches.I don't even know if you are a native from this area for you to not know wats going on klmao.........but your research is wrong very wrong.Construction is going on right now right now wat part you don't get!!!!!!!!
you are clueless, TXDOT shows the specfic projects they are working on, and there are no timelines or funding for construction to convert all of 59 and lp 287 to interstate stands. Yes there is the project going on at 59 and 287 which I acknowledged in my first post. However this one small project is just a drop in the bucket to the huge amount of roads that will have to be converted and upgraded to limited access interstate standards before it will be part of I-69.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
you are clueless, TXDOT shows the specfic projects they are working on, and there are no timelines or funding for construction to convert all of 59 and lp 287 to interstate stands. Yes there is the project going on at 59 and 287 which I acknowledged in my first post. However this one small project is just a drop in the bucket to the huge amount of roads that will have to be converted and upgraded to limited access interstate standards before it will be part of I-69.
I am done with false facts next party!!
With real facts!!

Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Nacogdoches is building all over with the new North village center that will have 14 stores including resturants like newks that will be open soon,Rustys tacos just open again a national chain a new home improvement store ATWOODS is about to open in October the new Power center that will be a Haulk holdings project that is a shopping center that is also on the plans.Hungry Howies just open up about week ago with crowds of people on foot crowed all around the Universtiy plaza shopping center.The fish place open up a taste of some good Louisanna food,Steeles department store open up,Jimmy Jongs just open up,China star buffet just open and both deliver.Citi trends open up in the mall and now Biglots has plans to open up in the old brookshire building.Family dollar just built a location in Cushing,Chireno,Etoile and now two more locations in Nac,one will be at the intersection of Douglas hwy and ritche st west end and the other across from North view plaza in the old car lot.Fuzzy Tacos open up basically all this in one year of time trust me again Trust Me it doesn't take long for a city to take power plus the medical field is expanding including the hospital construction going on soooooooooo wat you are trying to call a ''Small town'' that can't compete you haven't seen nothing yet........hmmm
Now lets talk about lufkin G.E. electric just bought Lufkin indurstries,Carl jr's open up.Tjmaxx just open up,Woodland heights is exspanding and memorial health system added a stroke center,Burke center is building a new and bigger locations on frank street,Fuel city that only have two locations in the state and thats in Funkytown and downtown Dallas has open with a Dennys and Lufkin have 7 locations of family dollar lol which isn't a shock.Five guys plus bugers and fries have open up
All of the above names that are bolded are businesses that have been opened up in Tyler/Longview (most with numerous locations) for YEARS.

Glad to see that Lufkin/Nac is adding them though.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
All of the above names that are bolded are businesses that have been opened up in Tyler/Longview (most with numerous locations) for YEARS.

Glad to see that Lufkin/Nac is adding them though.
Thanks.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
I am done with false facts next party!!
With real facts!!
Here's the link to TXDOT for Angelina County projects for you. Yes the current project at 59 & 287 is on there, and I know it's funded because it's half way built! No other huge projects are on list (limited funding).
Current TxDOT Projects - Angelina County
Enjoy the facts, if you think TXDOT is providing false facts, please contact them. Just because future I-69 signs are up doesn't mean that it is anything that will happen anytime soon, most likely decades from now. That's not some bash on you or East Texas, that is just how slow the process is for ANY project of that magnitude.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
you are most likely right about that. There will most likely be continued effort to add segments going north out of Houston to extend what has already been established as I-69, an going south out of Texarkana where the I-369 spur has been established. Probably a couple of decades from now the complete segment will be finished unless a toll authority steps in to speed up the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas