Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 08:17 PM

372 posts, read 710,461 times

Advertisements

Update on vacation.
Did a online bid and got 2 nights on the Riverwalk in San Antonio , a great hotel. We will tour the Alamo, eat on the river walk, do the water taxi, then track to The Comal River the second day and do some tubing that way.

I had initially heard reports that the Frio is dry on one part of the river over in Concan area. We have a reservation for a Shelter at Garner State Park but reality has hit me, my kids will not like the red neck air condtioner I planned on making( yes there is such a thing) nor the misting fan I had planned on buying...

So I looked and I found a really pretty ranch with a cabin right on the Frio over in Leakey and they said they had water... with Kayaks, tubes, horseshoes and lots of outdoor fun but they don't tube on that part of the river. It is farther away but the amenities are great in the cabin, I wouldn't have to bring a thing for the inside. I then found a property, older, dated but it is closer to Garner State Park and has it's own beach access and a watering hole to go dive in. Very much walking distance from Neal's Cafe and close to go to the dances at Garner every night and closer to seeing the bats take flight at Frio Cave. Is it worth to stay closer to Garner State Park, to be in that Concan Kitchy Vibe? Am I reading too much into it , maybe it really is a dive without a kitchy family feel? Everything I have been reading, it seems that Concan is a family place, want to keep it fun for the kids.. some opinions would be helpful.

Last edited by Vintage Life; 08-07-2013 at 09:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 10:14 PM

372 posts, read 710,461 times
Well everything is set, I decided to go with a cabin close to Garner State Park. The place we chose has a slide that goes into their swimming hole, hope it is all good.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 PM

77 posts, read 138,179 times
It is a beautiful park and the water is very cold. Good since it is 110 degrees here. You need to check local stats about where there is water cause we are experiencing a drought.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:52 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
I used to go to Garner back in the late 1950's and early 1960's when they had weekend dances at the pavillion on weekends. I know it has changed a lot since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: