U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,825 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a way out of where i am now. I am interested in moving and finding work in a small ranching community in Tx. I have found out that Stephenville, Blanket, Kenedy might be good, but i am not sure.
I have little money but a lot of talents, so if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
I am great with animals and a some would say advanced riding skills. i was a secretary for a summer, i am a climbing instructor and a swim teacher. i played sports my entire life. again i have little money so before i leave my old life behind i have to be sure that whatever town i go to, will have a job market for a girl like me. i have one and half years of college under my belt. but i am just looking for a way out.
can anyone help me?
any information about these towns or more towns with a good ranching community would be great!
thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM

3,494 posts, read 13,406,278 times
pick Stephenville-GREAT town. not much in Kenedy except the TDCJ unit Connally, where the infamous Texas 7 escaped from. Stephenville is a big time equine community and there is a good bit of money there. and dadgum, that Hard Eights BBQ is AWESOME-open pit Texas style bbq......flew there the other weekend and it was GREAT! worth fueling up the plane for!
oh and a great college in Stephenville, Tarleton State, to continue your education at!!

Last edited by NOTAM; 11-14-2007 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-14-2007, 08:36 PM

1,491 posts, read 4,833,554 times
Agreed!! Would love to be able to live there myself. Lots of dairy farms. In fact, they have just built a methane gas plant to convert the cattle manure from the dairies into heating fuel for nearby communities. Great combination there of rural values and people who have equal respect for both hard work and education - a rather rare combination these days. The economy is good, the weather is good, the people are good. What more can you ask?

Old 11-20-2007, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 12,116 times
I live very close to Stephenville and would agree that it is a great choice. The town is just the right size. Your also only about an hour 10 min. from Fort Worth and all the city you can stand. I'm not sure about any rock climbing in the area, but there are plenty of lakes and trails, lots of hills and many, many trees. They have a very good gym facility as well, in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: