Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:41 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,743,624 times

Advertisements

Oh, I don't think there is anything more grand than an old, huge oak tree, yet I cannot tell you how many people I know from Illinois, Iowa, etc. tell me we don't have trees down here, that what we call trees are just punny, sick specimans of a REAL tree. That if we want to see these REAL trees, we need to go up there, where they have REAL trees. Well, I've been up there and I didn't see nuthin! Maybe we all should go out to northern California and see the huge redwood trees so we can be able to say we've seen real trees, but as for me, I like the oak trees just fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
Most people hate us because of Bush, I think.

You just have to look past some of the stuff said on this forum, although sometimes it can be amusing.

For example: did you know that Houston didn't have any trees? I think tomorrow I'm gonna have to ask someone smart to explain to me what those big wooden things sticking up out of the ground are called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 04:00 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,632,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Oh, I don't think there is anything more grand than an old, huge oak tree, yet I cannot tell you how many people I know from Illinois, Iowa, etc. tell me we don't have trees down here, that what we call trees are just punny, sick specimens of a REAL tree. That if we want to see these REAL trees, we need to go up there, where they have REAL trees. Well, I've been up there and I didn't see nuthin! Maybe we all should go out to northern California and see the huge redwood trees so we can be able to say we've seen real trees, but as for me, I like the oak trees just fine!
I have seen the redwoods in N. California. I saw the tallest one at over 370 feet, the widest one (cut down) at 24 feet, and even drove through a live one with a tunnel through it. Very awe inspiring! On the other hand, there is something about a very large oak tree sitting in a field by itself with branches almost touching the ground.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:50 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,603,186 times
Well, Texas is so expansive, they just probably missed the Piney Woods!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas