Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 02:16 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
How often do you guys commute between these cities? Would you party in Austin one weekend, go to a bar in Dallas on another weekend, enjoy a share in san antonio the next and dine in Houston?

The cities seem only 3 hrs apart. Do the people of these cities interact alot?
Every weekend, hell no, a couple of time a year maybe, that is a long way to drive for just one night or even a weekend, plus paying the motel rental while you are there.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:29 PM

998 posts, read 1,324,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You missed my entire point. Houston offers something Dallas doesn't Houston and Dallas are not the same. You pretty much stated that Houston offers not special in comparison to Dallas. I wasn't trying to tear your post apart. I just felt like your statement was untrue.

I never said Dallas and Houston were the exact same. I said, that as two major cities, they offer pretty much the same amenities. You all can drag Galveston into this all you want but that point is moot. I'm sure there are Dallasites who go to Galveston; but do they go frequently? Using the same logic, Houston doesn't have amusement parks so many travel north to DFW for 6Flags or the State Fair even. That doesn't change the fact that the two metros offer largely the same things.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:07 AM

1,297 posts, read 3,098,960 times
lol at these comments. galveston id say is an amenity to visit. of course it brings in visitors, houston prob has at least 3-4 million in the metro area. not that it's a sought out destination tho. youve got that pleasure pier, fishing, and hanging out, but i go to swim and id rather not get in that dirty brown water. i live in houston and dont care to visit galveston. id rather live in san antonio and make the trip a little south of corpus (malaquite beach) to visit beaches that are much better. but again, im a swimmer and go to the beach to swim in and galveston beaches are gross and nasty with brown chocolate water.

just this weekend i went to austin, then made the trip to san antonio. dallas i visit less often as to me they have similar things as houston so no reason for me to visit.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM

6,287 posts, read 7,492,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
lol at these comments. galveston id say is an amenity to visit. of course it brings in visitors, houston prob has at least 3-4 million in the metro area. not that it's a sought out destination tho. youve got that pleasure pier, fishing, and hanging out, but i go to swim and id rather not get in that dirty brown water. i live in houston and dont care to visit galveston. id rather live in san antonio and make the trip a little south of corpus (malaquite beach) to visit beaches that are much better. but again, im a swimmer and go to the beach to swim in and galveston beaches are gross and nasty with brown chocolate water.

just this weekend i went to austin, then made the trip to san antonio. dallas i visit less often as to me they have similar things as houston so no reason for me to visit.
Another guy stuck in the big city and wishing he could live another life. Another cliche'

Instead of posting about the life you wish you were living, why don't you take actions to actually live the life you want for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas