Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:21 PM

15,243 posts, read 35,490,875 times

Advertisements

I suppose there could be certain situations - say, it is a very rough neighborhood and someone was killed by a stray bullet from a drive-by - where you could say the property (if not the actual house) is somehow a greater risk than may be apparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 12:47 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,621,562 times
I would probably buy a house that,say, an elderly person passed away in or maybe died of other natural causes. A murder or suicide I would not, because of the more violent nature.

As it is, my dad currently lives in the house his mother passed away in. Even though she was under hospice care, noone would sleep in her room because he still had her bed and furniture in it. Now that he changed the furniture and bed out, he's hoping noone will feel weird sleeping in there.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:40 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,731,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
I suppose there could be certain situations - say, it is a very rough neighborhood and someone was killed by a stray bullet from a drive-by - where you could say the property (if not the actual house) is somehow a greater risk than may be apparent.
This is the main example of the only time you "have" to disclose a murder on the property, in Texas. The property could be a known crack house, and if people don't realize that ownership changed hands, the new owners run the risk of injury for a future drive-by.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:00 PM

21 posts, read 91,206 times
the death was the result of an accidental fire...I'm still waiting for the details...

Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,681,866 times
However, there will be ghosts. It is probably your children who will notice them, they are more attuned to things like that..

Old 10-27-2013, 01:45 PM

368 posts, read 828,958 times
Interesting topic, I am currently living next door to a empty house, going on two years now. The last occupant, who was a tenant, shot himself in the living room. Being a small town, word travels fast, the owners couldn't get anyone to rent it out after that and no go on any buyers either. The bank owns it now and I can only assume it will sit empty for a few more years.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:10 PM

21 posts, read 91,206 times
I found out today that the house was "demolished" (according to a newspaper article I found) in the fire. The owner was found in the garage and had died from smoke inhalation.

The offer we made on the house was rejected... perhaps for the best. I also found out that the death occurred on my birthday--I'm not superstitious, nor do I believe in hauntings, but that little fact would have made it harder to forget about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas