Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,387,972 times

Advertisements

......Just click on the pictures to read the articles.

The Next Dallas Boom - D Magazine

Old 04-25-2014, 09:43 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,794,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
......Just click on the pictures to read the articles.

The Next Dallas Boom - D Magazine
I'm all for tearing down I345 to create another uptown. That really would drastically change Dallas Skyline.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:11 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned
The problem is how a "Freeway" shoots everyone out to the fringe suburban areas. The idea is to remove the tool that enforces central core departure and entice more pedestrian activity. Connecting deep ellum/east dallas directly to downtown seamlessly would only enhance and encourage a far better urban fabric and eenvironment.........TEAR IT DOWN!!!!

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 04-26-2014 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Removed orphan quote

Old 04-25-2014, 10:18 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,532,055 times
that would be HUGE. but its all pie in the sky fantasy so it really doesnt pertain to this thread, unless were going to start including fantasy proposals too.

"midtown", "deep ellum uptown", you would think with a city with zoning and a knack for urban planning that Dallas would figure out the "next district" and stick with it. you cant seriously turn deep ellum into another "Uptown" while trying to build 50+ high rises in a new Midtown concept.

i completely agree Prancing, just bury the middle segment of i345 between deep ellum and downtown to connect the two. no way TxDot would ever tear that road down in their right mind.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
The problem is how a "Freeway" shoots everyone out to the fringe suburban areas. The idea is to remove the tool that enforces central core departure and entice more pedestrian activity. Connecting deep ellum/east dallas directly to downtown seamlessly would only enhance and encourage a far better urban fabric and eenvironment.........TEAR IT DOWN!!!!
tear down a spur that handles almost 200,000 vehicles a day (if im not mistaken?), and what.. force them to take a C detour along i30-35-woodall rodgers before getting back to 75? those roads already have more than enough traffic, and now thanks to that lovely park, you cannot expand Woodall Rodgers anymore, so adding additional lanes of traffic from the i345 detour is out of the question. again, TXDot will not tear down i345. thats like the people hoping TXDot tears down i45 around downtown Houston. unless they come up with a viable plan like running new lanes down 59 and then 10, to get back to 45, then its not going to happen. even then, thats a lot of money and engineering just to tear down a perfectly good highway (in the eyes of TXDot).. really?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
tear down a spur that handles almost 200,000 vehicles a day (if im not mistaken?), and what.. force them to take a C detour along i30-35-woodall rodgers before getting back to 75? those roads already have more than enough traffic, and now thanks to that lovely park, you cannot expand Woodall Rodgers anymore, so adding additional lanes of traffic from the i345 detour is out of the question. again, TXDot will not tear down i345. thats like the people hoping TXDot tears down i45 around downtown Houston. unless they come up with a viable plan like running new lanes down 59 and then 10, to get back to 45, then its not going to happen. even then, thats a lot of money and engineering just to tear down a perfectly good highway (in the eyes of TXDot).. really?
Did you even read the article?

Scroll all the way down. Each picture is a different article explaining and answering all of your questions.

Most of the frowned upon things describe Houston.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Did you even read the article?

Scroll all the way down. Each picture is a different article explaining and answering all of your questions.

Most of the frowned upon things describe Houston.
dude it was like 5 different web pages with lengthy articles about a highways and a fantasy land in Dallas. sorry, but im not going to read every word.. i just checked.. its between 150-200k cars that use that spur every day.. tearing it down isnt feasible. why not just trench and deck it?
that series of articles is like me saying Houstons "next boom" will be doing something drastic that likely will never happen, like back filling the ship channel and then proclaiming you could possibly build a new mixed use urban oasis on the reclaimed land in its place. all the highways and fantasy stuff that has nothing to do with serious proposals and U/C towers in Texas.

what exactly is the last part supposed to mean? please elaborate as i didnt read every detail of the articles.

Last edited by TexasTallest; 04-26-2014 at 01:09 AM..

Old 04-26-2014, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
dude it was like 5 different web pages with lengthy articles about a fantasy land in Dallas. sorry, but im not going to read every word.. i just checked.. its between 150-200k cars that use that spur every day.. tearing it down isnt feasible. why not just trench and deck it?

what exactly is the last part supposed to mean? please elaborate as i didnt read every detail of the articles.
Well dont comment on something you haven't read and then ask dumb questions that you would know the answers to if you read.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:06 PM

i skimmed your article. its a fantasy proposition.. a bunch of what ifs. its like coming in here saying Dallas might build those 50+ high rises in that "midtown plan". the point is moot. itll probably never happen... come back after i345 is torn down and start a discussion about this district in a new thread (unless there are new towers of course.. ).. until then, lets keep this on topic about serious proposals and U/C high-rises across the state.. not pie in the sky articles dreaming of tearing down interstates.

Old 04-26-2014, 09:19 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,150,662 times
Ok, lets get back on topic. I think we should be proud that we live in a state where multiple cities are experiencing economic booms. Dallas is having it's fair share of highrises being built as well as more in the pipeline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas